"Since its founding in 1961, the US Agency for International Development (USAID) has invested in innovation, cost-effective solutions that save millions of lives."
US Agency for International Development (USAID) is an independent Federal Government agency that receives overall foreign policy guidance from the Secretary of State. With headquarters in Washington, D.C., USAID fosters transformational development around the world to support economic growth and trade; agriculture and the environment; education and training; democracy and governance; global health; global partnerships and humanitarian assistance. The Agency operates in four regions of the world: Sub-Saharan Africa; Asia and the Near East; Latin America and the Caribbean; and Europe and Eurasia. USAID employees in the Civil Service and Foreign Service, as well as individuals employed through Personal Service Contracts, must adhere to our Counter Trafficking in Persons Code of Conduct.
Bureau for Global Health (GH), Office of HIV/AIDS, Implementation Support Division (OHA ISD) is seeking a Public Health Advisor to become a part of a dynamic team of public health professionals. As a Public Health Advisor you will serve in the Implementation Support Division and report directly to the Division Chief. The Division provides technical and programmatic expertise in furtherance of the Agency's mission of developing strategies and programs that respond to US Government (USG), USAID, congressional compliance and budget priorities. OHA ISD Staff and its programs incorporate innovations, best practices, and lessons learned to advance the goals of the Global Health Initiatives (GHI) and the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). You will primarily provide technical expertise in organizational development, change management, and institutional development as it pertains to advancing key concepts of country ownership of HIV/AIDS programs in developing countries.
For more information on the Bureau, please click on the following link: http://www.usaid.gov/who-we-are/organization/bureaus/bureau-global-health.
If you are interested in this position you are encouraged to read the entire vacancy announcement, and apply following the instructions listed under "How To Apply".
As a Public Health Advisor, in GH OHA ISD, you will:
- Advise on complex and precedent-setting policy and program issues, develops policies, strategies, and plans for public health programs/projects for agency-wide application; provides specialized expertise to USAID staff and Missions in designing and monitoring policies, strategies, and programs in HIV/AIDS and related policy reforms and change management to enhance host country capacity to ensure sustainable programs in host countries.
- Analyze, design, implement, and evaluate policy reform and change management, and institution capacity building for countries, sub-regions, and the region as a whole, that focus on key agency priority areas within the HIV/AIDS context and the broader public health arena; conceptualize new approaches to policy reform to increase the impact of USAID-supported interventions in support of country ownership with an emphasis on HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs.
- Coordinates with Mission technical staff working in the public health area on HIV/AIDS programs and provide them with assistance, guidance, and literature to promote change management, organizational development and acceleration of country ownership of HIV/AIDS programs.
- Manage and evaluate major centrally managed grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts in the area of institutional capacity building, health systems strengthening, and change management to facilitate country ownership of HIV/AIDS/health programs.
- Serve as an advisor in the development of strategic planning and partnership with host country governments, private sector and others in close collaboration with field Mission staff and OHA management.