Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov.
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
This position is being filled through the Pathways, Recent Graduate Program and provides an opportunity for recent graduates to be placed in a 1-year career training and development program.
Training and Development program offers the following:
- Orientation program for Recent Graduates hired for the program.
- Mentorship throughout the program.
- Individual Development Plan to create and track Recent Graduates' career planning, professional development, and training activities.
- At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the program.
- Positions may offer opportunity for career advancement.
A Recent Graduate appointment may initially be made for a longer period due to a more structured training program requirement.
A Participant Agreement is required to be signed with the Recent Graduate that sets forth the expectations for the Program.
Recent Graduates may be converted to a permanent position after program completion. To be eligible for conversion, Recent Graduates must have:
- Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrated successful job performance.
- Met the qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduates will be converted.
Reclamation is seeking a professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as an Economist. Responsibilities include preparing studies related to the economic and financial aspects of planning, formulation, construction, and operation and maintenance (O&M).
Would you enjoy serving Reclamation in the areas of economics and financial analysis? You can make a difference in the West by assisting in the preparation of economic and financial analyses with senior management. Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with stellar growth potential!
Location: Technical Service Center; Water & Environmental Resources Division; Economics, Planning & Technical Communications Group, Denver, CO.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
This position may require travel (less than 25%)
- Performs various economic analysis and reports for resource management studies.
- Researches published primary and secondary information as well as "grey" literature that might provide useful data for a specific project or study.
- Analyzes data using appropriate quantitative techniques and prepares reports and summaries on economic factors addressing relevant factors related to specific studies.
- Assists in the development and formulation of general plans of study working with other specialists and professionals in establishing and interpreting data as they pertain to economic conditions.
- Participates as a member of multiple discipline study teams as assigned.
- Assists in the completion of special studies and reports as requested.