Job Title:Economist, Recent Graduate, GS-0110-09, (JW-DEU)
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Bureau of Reclamation
Job Announcement Number:BR-DO-2013-144
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$50,923.00 to $66,195.00 / Per Year|
|Friday, September 06, 2013 to Friday, October 04, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-Time - Permanent|
|FEW vacancies -
Lakewood, CO, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|All United States Citizens and U.S. Nationals.|
Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov.
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
This position is being filled through the Pathways, Recent Graduate Program and provides an opportunity for recent graduates to be placed in a 1-year career training and development program.
Training and Development program offers the following:
- Orientation program for Recent Graduates hired for the program.
- Mentorship throughout the program.
- Individual Development Plan to create and track Recent Graduates' career planning, professional development, and training activities.
- At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the program.
- Positions may offer opportunity for career advancement.
A Recent Graduate appointment may initially be made for a longer period due to a more structured training program requirement.
A Participant Agreement is required to be signed with the Recent Graduate that sets forth the expectations for the Program.
Recent Graduates may be converted to a permanent position after program completion. To be eligible for conversion, Recent Graduates must have:
- Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrated successful job performance.
- Met the qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduates will be converted.
Reclamation is seeking a professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as an Economist. Responsibilities include preparing studies related to the economic and financial aspects of planning, formulation, construction, and operation and maintenance (O&M).
Would you enjoy serving Reclamation in the areas of economics and financial analysis? You can make a difference in the West by assisting in the preparation of economic and financial analyses with senior management. Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with stellar growth potential!
Location: Technical Service Center; Water & Environmental Resources Division; Economics, Planning & Technical Communications Group, Denver, CO.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
This position may require travel (less than 25%)
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. National
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by background investigation.
- You must submit a resume and supporting documentation. (See How to Apply)
- You must meet specialized experience requirements. (See Qualifications)
- Submit transcript(s) to verify education requirements.
- For veterans consideration, submit document(s) under Other Information.