Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan, - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
You Can Make a Difference!
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Denver Acquisitions and Logistics Center in Golden, CO.
This position is also being announced under VY-13-JS-956188-MP to status candidates. Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply under both announcements.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities, i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities, and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
This position is located in the Hearing Aid Repair Lab Section
· Responsible for the placement of all hearing aid service/orders received at the Denver Acquisition & Logistics Center.
· Apply hearing aid knowledge to customer requests to determine accurate repair order descriptions.
· Define and describe the hearing aid malfunction or other service required on the repair service delivery order.
· Process repair orders in accordance with established timeliness standards.
· Perform quality control on commercially repaired hearing aids using sound measurement test instruments, visual inspection, listening operational checks and manufacturer's technical data.
· Initiates, maintains, and disposes of computer records for veterans and medical facilities.
· Build positive and professional relationships with patients, health care facility medical staff, and member of various service organizations.
View Assessment Questions