Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Duties require the ability to plan, direct, manage, and monitor the numerous activities that enable the operation of the Defense Research & Engineering Network (DREN) at the Communications-Electronics Research, Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC) Headquarters, Corporate Information Office.
Who May Apply:
-All U.S. Citizens
· You will plan, direct, manage, and monitor the activities that enable the operation of the Defense Research & Engineering Network at CERDEC HQ involving installations, upgrades, troubleshooting, maintenance, and security.
· Provided the latest information technology services that ensure the reliability, security, maintainability, interoperability, and configuration integrity for all connected laboratories and experimentation sites.
· The work involves the exploitation of basic scientific engineering knowledge through a series of sequential phases beginning with establishment of requirements, development of a concept, definition of critical features and problems, development of a prototype design, and testing and evaluation of the concept for a completed product.
· Coordinate with other technical specialists, such as key officials, industries, universities, and research organizations to exchange information and resolve mutual problems.
· As an authority in the subject matter area, you will represent the organization in high level conferences in explaining, interpreting, and negotiating policy, plans and procedures.