To qualify for this position at the GS-09 level, applicants must meet the experience or education requirements listed below:
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND specialized experience listed below:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively taking into account the audience and nature of the information; makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to meeting all of the four competencies listed, above, applicants must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal service.
Specialized Experience: Applying a basic knowledge of IT concepts, and methods to perform routine IT project management activities including: providing routine advice and guidance on technology needs, working with WEB design, establishing and monitoring IT Security Principles, using IT application systems and equipment, troubleshooting end-users IT problems, tracking and monitoring computerized devices, etc.
EDUCATION SUBSTITUTIONS: A master’s degree or have 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master’s or equivalent graduate degree. Degree must be in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
The successful applicant for this position will possess the following KSAs;competencies: (Applicant need ot prepare written responses to these KSAs, unless asked in the online application.)
- IT experience working in a Customer service environment.
- Experience applying IT security principles.
- Experience conducting formal briefings, chairing meetings, or interacting with senior officials.
- Knowledge of IT security principles.
- Experience with various IT products and services.
- Experience with a wide variety of IT application systems and equipment.
For further information on qualification requirements for this position, please visit http://www.opm.gov/qualifications
Applicants using education to qualify for this position, must submit an unofficial transcript or a list of courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. Education completed in foreign colleges and universities may be used if the institution has been accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Applicants must have at least 52 weeks of service equivalent to the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position.
Appointment to this position may be subject to successful completion of a 1-year probationary period.
Upon reporting, you will be required to file a financial statement and/or a procurement integrity certification. This certification may be subject to public disclosure.
This position requires a security clearance and is subject to drug testing. The selectee must test negative prior to being appointed to this position and will be subject to random testing thereafter. Failure to pass subsequent tests could result in disciplinary action, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. If your resume is incomplete, or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire you may be rated ineligible, not qualified, or your score may be adjusted.
To preview questions please click here.