Come join the National Institutes of Health , the premier biomedical research center for the world, and be part of new medical discoveries and saving lives.
Join one of the 24 Institutes and Centers within the NIH that awards extramural grants! Extramural grants account for approximately 80 percent of NIH's $31 billion budget and are awarded to investigators throughout the U.S. and abroad. As a Health Scientist Administrator/Scientific Review Officer you are the designated federal official for ensuring grant applications receive an objective and fair initial peer review.
As a Health Scientist Administrator/ Scientific Review Officer you will:
- Manage the initial scientific and administrative review of center grant, program project grant, and training grant applications.
- Establish the criteria and standards for the review panel to follow based upon expert knowledge of the relevant scientific fields and of NIH and IC review policies and procedures.
- Provide information to the consultants on each committee assembled as a basis for reviewing and evaluating grant applications and contract proposals and collect and provide essential information to committee members.
- Orient new review members and ensure continuity in their approach toward evaluating applications and proposals, as well as adherence to peer review policies and procedures.
- Prepare summary statements of review committee findings and recommendations for use by an IC advisory committee.
- Respond to questions of a scientific nature and function in a lead role for the NIH seeking a balanced research environment.