In order to qualify for a GS-9 Contracting Specialist, you must meet the following Basic Requirement and Minimum Qualifications identified below:
Successfully completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field and at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (This requirement can be obtained within the degree or in addition to the degree). (Transcripts required with application package)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION AND SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS):
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience. To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of specialized experience. Specialized experience is defined as experience in supporting local installation or in a centralized contracting office, procures supplies or services primarily through formal advertising, or through limited use of negotiation techniques, reviewing requisitions to determine that proper specifications or purchase descriptions are included, evaluating bids or proposals for compliance with specifications or purchase descriptions and applicable clauses, and coordinating contracting activities with other government agencies having interrelated requirements. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed a the next lower grade/level in the federal service (GS-07).
Substitute Education for Experience
Completed 2 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education or masters or equivalent graduate degree or LL.B or J.D. Graduate education in one or a combination of the following fields is required: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (Transcripts are required)
Combination of Education and Experience
Possess a combination of graduate education as described above and specialized experience as described above, which when combined, is equivalent to 100% of the qualification requirement. Note: Only graduate education in excess of the Bachelor's level may be used in this calculation. To calculate your percentage of graduate education, first determine the total number of graduate hours that exceed the Bachelor's level; then divide the total number of your excess graduate semester hours by 18 (or your schools definition of one year of graduate study). To calculate your percentage of qualifying experience, divide your total number of months of qualifying experience by 12. Now, add the two percentages together. The sum of the percentages must equal at least 100%. (Transcripts are required)
· Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
· Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities)in the following areas:
Knowledge of Acquisition Statues, Principles, Practices, and Regulations
Knowledge of Administration and Oversight of Contracts
- Ability to Communicate Orally
- Ability to Communicate in Writing
Other Requirements: Click here for more information.
- If you are male AND if you were born after December 31, 1959, you must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- You may be required to serve one year in a trial/probationary status.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Travel to other duty locations 10% of the time.
- This position is an Army Acquisition and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level II within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- This position requires an annual Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450.
- This position requires a Secret security clearance.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.