Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) is the nation's fully accredited federal school of medicine and graduate school of nursing. Its education, research and consultation programs are unique, related directly to military medicine, tropical diseases, disaster medicine, military medical readiness and adaptation to extreme environments. We prepare outstanding scientists and health care practitioners for careers in service to the nation.
This position is located at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, F. Edward Herbert School of Medicine, Department of Pathology (PAT). The Department of Pathology is responsible for providing a comprehensive and integrated program of instruction in general and special pathology to medical, graduate, and postgraduate students. The department is also responsible for the conduct of scientific research in current areas of interest and the professional exchange of findings. You will provide administrative support for educational, research and administrative programs of the department.
Your duties as a Secretary will include, but are not limited to the following:
· Screen calls and visitors to the office that are associated with the faculty and staff members.
· Provide orientation to new faculty, staff and students.
· Update the departmental webpage, faculty and staff listings and the departmental bulletin boards.
· Distribute all incoming mail and inspect all correspondence for both format and correctness.
· Maintain time cards for the departmental faculty and staff. Serve as the Primary Procurement Agent for the department in regards to the ordering of materials.