The United States Marshals Service is the nations oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
Vacancy ID: 949827
Job Title: Supervisory Business Operations Specialist, GS-1101-14/15
Promotion Potential: 15
Duty Location: Arlington, VA United States 1 vacancy
Open Period: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - Monday, September 23, 2013
Salary Range - $105,211.00 - $155,500.00 Annually
Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a US Citizen or National.
The incumbent serves as the Assistant Program Manager of the Complex Assets Section. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing and advising on the pre-seizure, custody, management and disposal of seized and forfeited Businesses, including ongoing businesses and business interests; intangible assets; and notes receivable, as well as Complex Financial Instruments, including stocks, bonds and investment accounts; planning and directing all program activities involved in accomplishing the work of the Section, and developing and implementing policies and standard operating procedures for the section. The incumbent participates in making high level decisions and providing programmatic recommendations to the Program Manager of Asset Management, the Deputy Assistant Director and the Assistant Director, Asset Forfeiture Division. The incumbent also serves as the DOJ subject matter expert on the pre-seizure, custody, management, and disposal of businesses and complex financial instruments seized as a result of the violation of laws enforced or administered by DOJ.
- Manage the Asset Forfeiture Division Complex Assets Section.
- Develops overall plans and objectives for the assigned section.
- Directs the formulation of highly effective management and disposition strategies involving the most complex and high risk assets seized and forfeited in the Asset Forfeiture Program.
- Oversees and provides technical advice and guidance in management, valuation, finance, accounting/audit, operation, and closing.
- Oversees the development and application of new and improved business practices for the management and disposition of seized assets in the assigned program area.