Job Title: Food Service Worker (FullTime)Job Announcement Number: LL-13-EJD-MPA-954606
Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour
Wednesday, September 04, 2013 to
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
Temporary NTE 1 year
1 vacancy in the following location:
Loma Linda, CA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Veterans, Reinstatements, Current federal employees, Schedule A
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): -MPA-954606
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/ .
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102 (u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities; [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
This is a temporary position Not To Exceed 1 year.
- You must be a US citizen to apply for this job.
- Subject to a security background/suitability investigation.
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination.
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Food Service Worker, WG-7408-2 , you will serve designated positions on an automated trayline, accurately placing specified foods, utensils and beverages onto patient's trays. Set up designated trayline stations with food items, utensils, and related items. Transport food modules to and from patient areas. Deliver trays to the patient's bedside and community dining areas and remove soiled trays. May assist in running the lists for nourishment preparation and preparing them. Deliver supplemental feedings and nourishment/snacks to patient's bedside or designated patient care areas. May assist cooks in simple food preparation. May assist in assembly, weighing, and measuring ingredients and food items. Set-up and operate a mechanical dishwasher. Stack and store sanitized dishes, flatware, trays and related items. Employees will assist in the various areas of the kitchen.
Work Schedule: Variable shifts Sunday thru Saturday
PD # 1960A
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
EXPERIENCE: A specific length of training and experience is not required, but you must show evidence of training or experience of sufficient scope and quality of your ability to do the work of this position. Evidence of specialized experience which demonstrates you possess the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the duties of this position, must be supported by detailed descriptions of your experience on your resume. Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C (www.opm.gov/qualifications/x-118c).
SCREEN-OUT ELEMENT: Your qualifications will first be evaluated against the prescribed screen out element, which usually appears as question 1 in the on-line questionnaire. Those applicants who appear to possess at least the minimal acceptable qualification requirement are considered for further rating; those who do not are rated ineligible and are eliminated. The potential eligibles are then rated against the remainder of the questions. The screen-out element for the WG-2 level is:
1. Ability to do the work of a Food Service Worker without more than normal supervision.
JOB ELEMENTS: Those who meet the minimum level of experience and training for the screen-out element will then be evaluated in each of the following job elements:
2. Work Practices.
3. Technical Practices.
4. Ability to interpret instructions.
5. Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment.
6. Knowledge of materials.
7. Dexterity and safety.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. *** If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. ***
Veterans Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD 214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Moderate lifting, 15-44 lbs; light carrying, under 15 lbs; straight pulling 1.5.hrs; pushing 1.5 hrs; reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; both hands required; walking 3.5 hrs; standing 3.5 hrs; kneeling .5 hrs; repeated bending .5 hrs; both legs required; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; specific visual requirement (read font 10 (Diet Cards); depth perception; ability to distinguish basic colors; ability to distinguish shades of colors; hearing (aid permitted).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your Resume. Please make sure your resume includes where you worked, dates of employment (From: mm/yyyy To: mm/yyyy), and number of hours worked per week.
- OF-306 available online at http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/OF306.pdf
- A complete Occupational Questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
- Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Wednesday, September 25, 2013.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process. Applicants are urged to apply online; this process is easier, faster, and provides more information as applications are processed.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application, simply reapply through your account in USAJOBS. After applying, return to USAJOBS (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login) to see the status of your application, including any messages that may have been sent to you.
If you cannot apply online:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire:View Occupational Questionnaire
- Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire: http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf.
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with all supporting documents to (478)757-3144. Your 1203FX form must be placed on top of all materials being faxed and will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
- Keep a copy of your fax receipt in case verification is needed.
- Applicants may request the OPM Form 1203-FX from OPM by calling USAJOBS at (703)724-1850; OPM will then mail the form to the applicant. However, mailing takes time and if the announcement is nearing its closing date, this may not be practical. The form can also be obtained on the Internet at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload:
- Complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID 954606.
- Fax your documents to (478)757-3144.
The following Application documents are required.
- Your Résumé. Please make sure your resume includes where you worked, dates of employment (From: mm/yyyy To: mm/yyyy), and number of hours worked per week.
- OF-306 available online at http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/OF306.pdf
- Responses to the Questionnaire.
- Copy of your transcript if you are using education to qualify.
The following Eligibility documents are required. Failure to submit the required eligibility documents will result in you being notified that you have been rated ineligible for further consideration of this position.
- Current or Former Federal Employees - Must provide a copy of your last or most recent SF-50, "Notification of Personnel Action" which shows your current grade level. If you have served at a higher grade level in Federal service which qualifies you for this position, please provide a copy of that SF-50.
- Other eligibility documents: Use the CHECKLIST to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as documentation to support Veteran Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced federal employees), and any document that will verify your eligibility to apply for this position.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After we receive your complete application package (including all required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed and assigned an initial rating. We will also review your application to make sure that your résumé supports the answers given in the questionnaire. If your résumé does not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. Based on your ranking or numerical score, you may be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified when your rating is determined.