Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!
The Defense Contract Management Agency is a rich resource of indispensable partners who contribute to and benefit from integrated missions and programs. We are an independent combat support agency within the Department of Defense (DoD). We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
About the Position:
This position is a Human Capital Directorate position with the Defense Contract Management Agency with duty location in Buffalo, NY.
The position of Contract Administrator (Intern) is a position in the DCMA Keystone Program. DCMA uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and attract exceptional individuals into the Federal Workforce. The DCMA Keystone Intern program is generally a three-year developmental program.
Prior to appointment, all candidates will be required to sign a Keystone Conditions of Employment Agreement.
NOTE: During the Keystone Intern Program, participants will receive specialized formal classroom training, computer-based training, and on-the-job (OJT) training. The training program will consist of the following:
1. Report initially to CMO/Center for at least 2 weeks.
2. Spend 6 months in the CMO/Center for more OJT and developmental training.
3. Return possibly to the DLC for 1 week assessment/update training.
4. Return to the CMO/Center for more OJT and developmental training.
5. Return as necessary to the DLC throughout the 2nd year for additional training.
DCMA Keystone Program
Who May Apply:
· All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
· Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligibles
· Completes classroom and on-the-job training to acquire, exercise, and maintain knowledge of the duties inherent in the administration or price/cost analyst of firm-fixed-price contracts and other contracts of similar complexity or of specific phases of more complex contracts such as overhaul and repair, facilities, cost-plus-fixed-fee, etc.
· Assists with monitoring contractor performance for compliance with applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, inspections, contract and date reporting requirements.
· Assist with contacting contractors to clarify issues on contractual requirements (as necessary).
· Assists with the review, analysis, and evaluation of unit cost and price data in contractor proposals. Assists with resolving cost and accounting issues.