In today's interconnected world our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation. For an overview of the diverse responsibilities DHS carries out within the Government, we welcome you to visit our website at http://www.dhs.gov.
This position is located in DHS's Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A), Cyber, Infrastructure and Science Division (CISD). I&A is a member of the national Intelligence Community (IC) and ensures that information related to protecting the homeland is collected, gathered, analyzed and disseminated to the full spectrum of homeland security customers. CISD's mission is to provide technical and analytic expertise and produce classified and unclassified all-source intelligence products for Homeland security stakeholders. The Director of CISD serves as the principal I&A substantive advisor on threats stemming from attacks to the U.S. cyber and communications infrastructure and threats to all sectors of the Nation's critical infrastructure and key resources.
The Director, CISD, serves as the principal authority for the timely tasking and tracking of intelligence-related tasks relevant to I&A operations and the DHS mission. Responsibilities are characterized as broad based, confidential in nature, and policy oriented. The incumbent exercises primary authority and responsibility for overseeing an analytic program to ensure that relevant, actionable information and intelligence related to global and domestic threats is provided to customers in an appropriate form and in a timely manner. The incumbent also-
- Serves as advisor to management and leadership and represents the leadership team in DHS, the Intelligence Community (IC), and policy forums;
- Oversees the direction and control of internal and external tasks, actions, interactions, and communications of the Divisor, to include those from Congress, the Secretary, Deputy Secretary, DHS Intelligence Enterprise, and other senior-level managers;
- Develops innovative and integrative analytic strategies to leverage all sources of information, including intelligence collection capabilities to satisfy DHS information needs;
- Develops and maintains coordination and liaison with counterparts and colleagues through the intelligence, law enforcement, private sector, and Cybersecurity communities; and
- Serves as a recognized cyber and infrastructure intelligence expert in I&A; applies extensive technical experience in cybersecurity within the IC and couples it with parallel expertise and experience in implementing broad cybersecurity strategies to develop and execute a comprehensive program of analysis for the strategic cyber threat intelligence analysis activities of CISD.