Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov.
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as an Engineer/Physical Scientist/Economist/Biological Scientist. You can make a difference in the West by providing leadership, guidance, direction, and support to group managers and related teams in providing technical services to area and regional offices and other clients.
Would you enjoy developing and maintaining the Reclamation and Technical Service Center (TSC) vision and guiding principles to ensure the delivery of current and future client focused, quality products on time and within budget? Responsibilities include working in conjunction with other TSC Division Chiefs; serving as Division Chief for the Water and Environmental Resources Division; and providing senior-level leadership.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: Technical Resources; Technical Service Center; Water and Environmental Resources Division, Denver (Lakewood), CO.
Relocation expenses are authorized with the exception of the Guaranteed Home Sale Provision. First-post-of-Duty relocation expenses are authorized for new appointments or reinstatement eligible's.
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-DO-2013-145, for current federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
This is an interdisciplinary position. Position may be filled by: General Engineer, GS-0801, Physical Scientist, GS-1301, Biological Scientist, GS-0401, or Social Scientist, GS-0101.
- Directs, plans, and supervises the Water and Environmental Resources Division. Reviews and evaluates operations to make work assignments; assesses and enhances program and policy efficiency and effectiveness; makes, coordinates and/or recommends improvements.
- Develops, maintains, and communicates the Reclamation and TSC vision to group managers and employees. Directs the development, maintenance, and implementation of efficient and effective business practices and systems for the TSC.
- Directs establishment of indefinite quantity contract to ensure group managers have the resources needed to respond to client requests. Through individual research, discussion with clients, and other sources, anticipates and assists in the formulation of the TSC's future workload.
- Ensures TSC business practices, projects management policies, procedures and tools are applied appropriately to measure Division workload accomplishment and accountability. Responsible for ensuring all resources needed to deliver client focused quality products on time and within budget are available to the Technical Groups within the Division.
- Participates in and facilitates work assignments, establishing schedules, and resolving other work-related issues and assures that research and associated specialized technical services are retained within the Division to meet the agency's need.
- Performs special technical, administrative or strategic assignments and may serve as a technical expert and perform formal and informal technical reviews.