Final salary determination is made by professional standards board recommendation, HR Technical review and Medical Center Director approval.
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 953422 (Include on all documents)
Duty Location/Campus: Mental Health Service, North Little Rock Campus, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System.
Tour of Duty: M-F 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Central Arkansas VA Medical Center is currently recruiting for a Psychologist Program Manager for the Psychosocial Rehabilitation Recovery Center (PRRC) within the Mental Health Service. Incumbent will provide experienced psychological support for state-of-the-art mental health programing and services for veterans based on the psychiatric recovery model. Services include a wide range of rehabilitation and recovery services for veterans with serious mental illness (SMI), collaboration and recovery services for veterans with SMI and their family members, Peer Support Services and coordination, education and training of staff to promote the transition from maintenance models of treatment to the contemporary recovery rehabilitation model.
Our Mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to veterans? Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eleigible for hiring under 5CFR 213.3102(u). Schedule A, Appontment of persons with disabilities (i.e., disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected diability of 30% or more.
Relocation expenses will not be authorized.
Major duties of the PRRC Program Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides leadership, coordination, oversight, and integration to ensure the smooth and effective provision of recovery and rehabilitation services.
- Serves as a major advocate and consultant for the psychiatric rehabilitation recovery model to the Mental Health Service providers, executive management, veterans and their families, and the community served by the CAVHS.
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the PRRC Program.
- Promotes education and training to Mental Health Service providers that promote the recovery model of psychiatric rehabilitation.
- Coordinates and directs the Peer Specialist Program
- Monitors the quality of services in the PRRC, including factors such as efficiency, effectiveness, timeliness, and Veterans satisfaction.
- Develops and monitors quality indicators and reviews workload data.
- Tracks and modifies staffing patterns and work assignments.
- Identifies gaps in service delivery and takes corrective actions.
- Develops program goals and strategic plans, makes decisions regarding policy, staffing, and operations.
- Oversees referral process to the PRRC program.
- Functions as a direct care provider in the PRRC.
- Coordinates oversight and supervises personnel within the PRRC program.
- Performs other related duties.