The SEC's mission is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation.
Do you want to perform challenging work in a collegial environment, while enjoying quality of life and a competitive compensation package? Invest in your career at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)!
The SEC offers a number of enhanced pay and benefits in addition to standard federal benefits:
- Student Loan Repayment program for permanent employees. Up to $10,000 a year (60K cap) in student loan repayments for those who meet program criteria
- 100% employer paid dental and vision insurance
- Agency subsidy for health insurance which supplements your health benefits premiums by $25 for self-only coverage, and $50 for family coverage, per pay period
- Mass transportation subsidy up to $245 per month
- Telework Opportunities
- Domestic Partner Health Insurance Reimbursement Program
To find out more, go to http://www.sec.gov/jobs.shtml.
This vacancy is for a Recent Graduate - Acquisition Librarian position located at the SEC's headquarters in the Office of the Secretary (OS).
The Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the federal government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs.
Any required investigations and clearances must be completed before the selectee can be placed in the position.
This position is in the excepted service.
Probationary or trial period required.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Serves as an Acquisition Librarian within the Office of the Secretary (OS). Representative duties include:
- Works to support the information needs of the Library and SEC staff, nationwide;
- With the guidance from senior library staff, performs procurement and acquisitions activities for print and electronic materials;
- Serves as a member of the Library's Acquisitions Committee established to evaluate information requests and select information resources for acquisition based agency need and the Library's budget; and
- Works as a member of a team providing technical assistance and support to the assigned program area.