Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov View our DVD titled “Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork” at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
**This announcement was previously advertised under BR-PN-DE-SRA-13-228. This announcement was cancelled due to system errors and you will need to reapply in order to be considered for this position.**
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-PN-VA-SRA-13-227a for current federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Facility Maintenance Specialist . You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Here is an opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
Location – Palisades, Idaho
Relocation expenses are authorized with the exception of the Guaranteed Home Sale Provision. First-post-of-Duty relocation expenses are authorized for new appointment or reinstatement eligibles.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
Reclamation has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisory approval.
- Perform the duties of a Powerplant and dam Maintenance Planner with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Performs the duties of the North American Electric Reliability Corporation/Western Electricity Coordinating Council (NERC/WECC) compliance officer for the facility.
- Research and develop job plans for the completion of preventative and corrective maintenance for Palisades staffing in accordance to Reclamation Standards.
- Maintain the facilities Maintenance Management Program and provide reports and other data as required by Management.
- Develops Job Hazard Analysis to include Electrical Safety, National Fire Protection Association 70E, Occupational Safe and Health Administration and Reclamation Safety and Health Standards.