Here is your opportunity to perform important work in a challenging environment. The Office of Science is involved in a variety of sciences, science education, and funding of science research. For more information about our organization, please visit our website at http://www.science.energy.gov. For more information about the Department of Energy, please visit our website at http://www.doe.gov.
The Office of Science is the single largest supporter of basic research in the physical sciences in the United States, providing more than 40 percent of total funding for this vital area of national importance. It oversees - and is the principal federal funding agency of - the Nation's research programs in high-energy physics, nuclear physics, and fusion energy sciences. The Office of Science manages fundamental research programs in basic energy sciences, biological and environmental sciences, and computational science. In addition, the Office of Science is the Federal Government's largest single funder of materials and chemical sciences, and it supports unique and vital parts of U.S. research in climate change, geophysics, genomics, life sciences, and science education. The Office of Science manages this research portfolio through six interdisciplinary program offices: Advanced Scientific Computing Research, Basic Energy Sciences, Biological and Environmental Research, Fusion Energy Sciences, High Energy Physics and Nuclear Physics. In addition, the Office of Science sponsors a range of science education initiatives through its Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists program. The Department of Energy, Office of Science, Office of Nuclear Physics, is seeking a motivated and highly qualified individual to serve as a Administrative Specialist.
As a Administrative Support Specialist, you will:
- Conduct studies and analysis of activities to determine efficiency and utility of internal operating procedures.
- Prepare requests for personnel, including drafting/re-writing position descriptions and all necessary paperwork for personnel actions.
- Create and maintain a database of Federal and temporary personnel.
- Maintain the Associate Director's schedule and maintain time and attendance for the office.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and presentations and receive, read, review, analyze, and track all incoming correspondence and actions.
- Prepare, submit, and track requisitions for supplies, materials, and services and coordinate the acquisition and disposal of property and inventory management.