Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov View our DVD titled “Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork” at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-PN-VA-RTS2-13-229 for current federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career technician looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Construction Control Representative (Mechanical). You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
You will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of government construction oversight. Responsibilities include major dam facility modifications; compliance with plans and specifications; observation and enforcement of safety rules on various projects.
Reclamation has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework only during an emergency or natural disaster.
Here is an opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
Promotion to the Full Performance Level: The career ladder promotion potential of this position is the GS-11 level. However, this position may be filled at a lower grade. If so, when and if it is determined that a subsequent promotion is warranted, it may be made without further competition. Promotion up to and including the GS-11 level is neither guaranteed nor automatic.
Grand Coulee, WA. http://www.usbr.gov/pn/about/hr/area-information.html
Relocation expenses are authorized with the exception of the Guaranteed Home Sale Provision. First-post-of-Duty relocation expenses are authorized for new appointment or reinstatement eligibles.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement (with appropriate approval).
- Inspects mechanical (and sometimes electrical) equipment installations, tear-down, commissioning, testing, and evaluates test results and rejects equipment that does not meet specifications requirements.
- Tracks daily progress of work performed by contractors and subcontractors and provides detailed, technical reports to supervisor and/or resident engineer.
- Compiles and updates as-built drawings, test results, O&M manuals, schematic diagrams, pneumatic diagrams and other data into appropriate reports.
- Reviews draft specifications for adequacy and compatibility of design with existing and future installations, contractor submittals, compliance with applicable codes, and inspection of mechanical and electrical construction on an exceptionally wide range of industrial applications.
- Ensures contractor compliance with Reclamation Safety and Health Standards, OSHA safety standards, and other safety standards, especially as they relate to powerplant safety.