Job Title: Information Technology Specialist (Systems Analyst)Job Announcement Number: 1300194LDDE
Department: General Services Administration
Agency: Federal Acquisition Service
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Friday, August 30, 2013 to
Friday, September 13, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
FEW vacancies -
Washington, DC, US View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Island).
At this time we are only filling two vacancies, however additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed.
Take your career to the next level at the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a diverse federal agency that delivers the best value in real estate, acquisition, and technology services to government and the American people. We manage approximately 350 million square feet of buildings and work spaces, and a third of the federal government's fleet of vehicles, with a focus on efficiency and sustainability. A vast amount of goods and services flow through our schedules program, credit cards, travel services, and more. With employment opportunities as diverse as the services we provide, GSA is a great place to start, build, and expand your career.
GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the 'Best Places to Work in the Federal Government'.
As a IT Specialist, you will be involved in the development and delivery of integrated technical and acquisition solutions to meet the information technology (IT) requirements of current and potential ITS customers. This position is located in the Office of the Commissioner FAS, Office of Integrated Technology Services, Center for GWAC Programs 1800 F ST NW WASHINGTON DC 20405-0001.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
- Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
- Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Apply online (See How to Apply section.)
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
The GS-13 salary range starts at $89,033.00 per year, if you meet the following qualifications. You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
IT SPECIALIST COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Attention to Detail - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant ensures that activities, services, or products reflect organizational goals and objectives.
- Customer Service - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant confers with users to evaluate the effectiveness of, or identify the need for, computer programs or management systems.
- Oral Communication - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant participates or represents the organization or clients at briefings, meetings, or conferences.
- Problem Solving - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant evaluates the efficiency or effectiveness of organizational programs, projects, or operations.
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience researching and evaluating the technical and economical feasibility of current and emerging Information Technology systems, products, and services in order to (a) design and market acquisition strategies to meet the IT business and operational requirements of client agencies; (b) develop the IT requirements for an agency or organization; or (c) provide strategic program or organizational recommendations and solutions to ensure quality IT acquisition offerings for Federal agency clients.
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Serve a one year probationary period (unless you have previously satisfied this requirement).
- Be able to make a direct deposit of your salary check to a financial organization.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service.
- Complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment" (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment.
- If you are not a current GSA employee, you must complete the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 to determine identity and employment (work status) eligibility. GSA will verify the information through the DHS e-Verify automated system. Any identified discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Undergo a background investigation and receive favorable adjudication. This position has been designated as a Public Trust Position.
- supervisory or managerial probationary period, unless this has been previously fulfilled.
- Be able to travel occasionally on official business.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
The Category Rating procedure is being used to rate candidates. If you are found qualified for the position, your responses to the self assessment vacancy questions will be used to place you in one of the following categories: Qualified, Well Qualified, Best Qualified. Your responses to the vacancy questions must be supported by your resume or the Human Resources Specialist may adjust your responses lower. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Appropriate documentation must be received to adjudicate veterans' preference. You will be evaluated on the vacancy related questions that were designed to assess your overall possession of the following competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to conduct project/task management.
- Knowledge of business development strategies in the area of IT products.
- Skill in applying advanced Information Technology principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices to developing and implementing IT Projects.
- Ability to identify and document business requirements for analysis and planning.
- Knowledge of information systems architecture, new IT developments and applications, emerging technologies and their applications to business processes.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate in written and oral form in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of Acquisition Regulations in order to direct contractor-supported projects.
A variety of assessments/assessment tools may be used to evaluate candidates for specific vacancies covered by this announcement. Candidates will be notified when further assessments are implemented and provided with instructions on how to access and complete the assessment(s). Be sure to APPLY EARLY as most assessments must be completed fully and submitted before the announcement closing. If you are an Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan eligible or a GSA Career Transition Assistance eligible, you must be considered well qualified (minimum score or 85) to receive priority. ICTAP/CTAP
To preview questions please click here.
BENEFITS:Back to top
GSA offers a comprehensive benefits package. To explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees, see Benefits
For information on temporary and term appointments including benefits, go to Temporary & Term Appointments
-Bargaining Unit status: NONE
-Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed. This vacancy announcement does not preclude filling this position by other means. Management also has the right not to fill the position.
-Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete online application including any required documents prior to 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the closing date of the Announcement. Errors or omissions may result in your not being considered for this vacancy. A description of the online process is provided below. For more information on applying for a GSA vacancy, please visit Applying for a GSA Job
.1. To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account.
Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. Once you have completed this step, select "Apply for this Position Now!"2. Complete your personal information within GSAjobs.
Once you’ve been redirected to GSA’s automated system, follow the prompts to create, review, or update your personal information. This information is used to determine your eligibility to apply for this position so be sure that it is up to date.3. Respond to all of the vacancy specific questions.4. Submit any required documents
. A "Vacancy Documents" page is automatically displayed by the GSAjobs system. Review the Required Documents section of this announcement to determine which apply to you. You may choose one of the following options to submit your document(s): Upload; USAJOBS, or FAX. We strongly recommend you read the "Fax Instructions" provided on the Document Manager page prior to printing the Fax Cover Sheet and faxing your information.5. Respond to any Additional Assessment Questions
. If you are presented with additional assessment questions, be sure to respond to them or your may not be considered.6. Click the "FINISH' button.
Finally, you'll receive an Application Review Page which allows you to review the information that will be submitted. You can save a copy of your application by selecting the 'Save PDF' button. Then, YOU MUST CLICK THE 'FINISH' BUTTON to complete and submit your application.
Note: If you cannot complete any part of the application process listed above, contact the Human Resources Office/representative listed on the announcement prior to the announcement deadline for instructions on how to proceed. Be sure to receive prior HR approval to deviate from these instructions so that your application will be considered.
Please review the following to determine which documents you must submit in order to complete your application.ICTAP/CTAP
Eligible: Submit proof of eligibility including agency notice; SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action (or similar agency form); and most recent performance rating.Veterans
: In order to be considered as a preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD-214. Your DD-214 must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty (member 4 copy). If you are claiming 10-point preference, you must submit the following in addition to the DD-214: (1) completed SF-15
form; and (2) proof of your entitlement to this preference. A list of documents which serve as acceptable proof of entitlement is indicated on the SF-15 form. Active Duty Military Personnel
- In lieu of the DD-214, active duty service members may submit a written document from the armed forces certifying that they expect to be discharged or released under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed. This document must include rank, dates of active duty service, and type of discharge.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
If your application is complete, we will review your application to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will further evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies required of the position. Candidates in the highest quality category will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability and/or security background investigation. A final job offer for this position is typically made within 40 days after the deadline for applications.
Thank you for your interest in working for U.S. General Services Administration!