Take your career to the next level at the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a diverse federal agency that delivers the best value in real estate, acquisition, and technology services to government and the American people. We manage approximately 350 million square feet of buildings and work spaces, and a third of the federal government's fleet of vehicles, with a focus on efficiency and sustainability. A vast amount of goods and services flow through our schedules program, credit cards, travel services, and more. With employment opportunities as diverse as the services we provide, GSA is a great place to start, build, and expand your career.
GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the 'Best Places to Work in the Federal Government'.
As a IT Specialist, you will be involved in the development and delivery of integrated technical and acquisition solutions to meet the information technology (IT) requirements of current and potential ITS customers. This position is located in the Office of the Commissioner FAS, Office of Integrated Technology Services, Center for GWAC Programs 1800 F ST NW WASHINGTON DC 20405-0001.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
- Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
- Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
- Serves as a technology liaison between customer agencies and the ITS Portfolio. Provides program and resource management advice on a wide range of information technology projects and procurements relating to the management and delivery of a wide range of IT solutions and services to government customers worldwide. Analyses existing technology and performs product research to ascertain what near-future technology can develop to address customers’ projected service requirements.
- Provides contract-agnostic, solution-oriented advice to customer agencies. Provides expertise in assessing the feasibility, and managing the implementation, of emerging information technologies and services within the Federal community and provides cost benefit analysis of technology solutions to address customer needs.
- Plans, develops, coordinate and performs market research, from a technological perspective, on a wide range of Information Technology products, services and solutions to assist program managers in making effective decisions in determining appropriate IT product offerings and services.
- Collaborates with other GSA organizations (e.g., PBS, AAS, and GSS), to identify business opportunities, develop customer outreach strategies, and discuss technology requirements and options. Recommends technology solutions to address customer agencies’ current and future IT business needs and advises on ITS future priorities by continuously learning and advocating emerging information technology categories.
- Provides expert input on submissions, statements of work, solicitations, and proposals to determine if ITS’ offerings can meet the customers’ technological requirements. Performs scope analysis for ITS contract offerings and provides technical analysis for ITS contracting officers and other agencies’ contracting officers.
- Prepares and presents technical reports, findings, and recommendations to ITS leadership. Prepares and presents training to customer agencies and ITS Portfolio personnel.
- Assists other business developers in managing relationships with ITS Portfolio points of contact.
- Analyzes customer acquisition options and provides recommendations on which contract vehicles meet customers’ acquisition requirements with minimal reliance on ITS Portfolio points of contact. Interfaces with customer agencies to review and certify technical aspects of SOWs.
- Researches, reviews, recommends and prepares requests for proposals for future Information Technology procurement initiatives. Establishes methods and procedures to assess and track contractor effectiveness in compliance with contractual requirements and program objectives.
- Assists customer agencies to create complex and innovative acquisition strategies for the procurement of products, services, and solutions comprising the ITS business portfolio. Maps customer technical requirements to ITS procurement vehicles that offer the best acquisition value for the customer.
- Keeps abreast of ITS Portfolio’s competitors and changing Federal IT marketplace conditions. Analyzes and evaluates the overall market for ITS products and services, economic trends, industry trends, and buyer behaviors in order to identify potential business opportunities