DFAS' mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas. For more information visit www.dfas.mil
Vacancy Information: This position may be filled at the GS-09, GS-11 or GS-12 level. Full performance level is GS-12.
This position is located at the Defense Finance and Accounting Office (DFAS) in Indianapolis, IN.
This position is being announced using the USA Staffing Application Manager system. Please click the How to Apply tab for instructions on applying for this position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide statistical support (both sampling and analysis) to all DFAS Operations organizations.
- Incumbent develops new, and reviews and updates existing statistical (survey) sampling plans for various financial reviews and applications within DFAS Operations (e.g., travel, military pay,civilian pay, retired pay, etc.), using sound and defendable models provided in professional texts and publications on statistical (survey) sampling methodology.
- Provide quantitative analytical support to both DFAS (e.g., travel, military pay, civilian pay, retired pay, etc.) and external customers (e.g., service components and Defense Agencies) for finance and accounting applications.
- Analyzes financial data using various statistical methods; such as descriptive, inferential, univariate, multivariate and non-parametric models. Examples include, but are not limited to, measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion, confidence intervals and comparative methods for rates and proportions, analysis of variance, chi square, correlation models, multiple
- Incumbent uses software programs and models appropriate for the specific type of data involved in the project, such as Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS), or constructs statistical applications using Microsoft Excel.