Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
Want to work for a contemporary water management agency whose mission is to assist in meeting the increasing water demands of the West while protecting the environment and the public's investment? Join the staff of the Bureau of Reclamation as a Civil Engineer. Be involved in the design, construction, maintenance and rehabilitation of major water collection, storage, conveyance and power generation infrastructures and facilities throughout the Mid-Pacific Region.
Here is a great opportunity to join an organization with excellent potential! If selected at the GS-9 level you can progress up to the GS-11 after a year. Promotions are not guaranteed nor automatic, but based on supervisor initiation. GS-9 salary range: $54,028 to $66,493; GS-11 salary range: $61,451 to $79,883
This position with the Bureau of Reclamation, Division of Design and Construction, is located in Sacramento, CA. For more information on the Sacramento area visit: http://www.co.Sacramento.ca.us
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
Position may be filled at the GS-09 or GS-11. If selected at the GS-09, the duties are developmental in nature, leading to the full performance level of GS-11. The incumbent may be non-competitively promoted to the next level of the position upon meeting all regulatory requirements; certification by the supervisor of successful performance; completion of all training requirements; and the availability of work at the next higher grade level. Note: promotion is not automatic. At the full perform level the incumbent performs the following:
- Prepares engineering designs, drawings, specifications, and cost estimates for new construction of and the repair, replacement, and rehabilitation of water, power, and related facilities and equipment.
- Coordinates work with other engineers on multi-disciplinary teams and directs and monitors the work of lower-grade engineers and technical support personnel. Reviews work of lower-grade engineers for technical accuracy and conformance to project requirements.
- Establishes design data criteria and data collection methods. Prepares and maintains project schedules and budgets.
- Reviews designs and estimates prepared by consultants or other agencies for acceptability and conformance with policies and legal requirements, and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in meetings and conferences which related to project design, costs estimates, specifications and related project activities.
- Conducts field inspections of project sites and construction sites. Inspects and monitors dams and other engineering structures impacted by foundation distress and documents findings.
- The duty-station is Sacramento, CA. However depending on Reclamation's needs, the incumbent may be deployed on temporary assignments outside the duty-station. The venue of such deployment could be the Technical Service Center in Denver, an Area/Field Office or a project site anywhere within Reclamation's 5 regions any may extend up to 6 months.