The Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta, GA
The United States Marshals Service is the nations oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
Vacancy ID: 950114
Job Title: District Asset Forfeiture Coordinator, GS-0301-12
Promotion Potential: 12
Duty Location: Atlanta, GA United States 1 vacancy
Open Period: Thursday, September 05, 2013 - Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Salary Range - $71,901.00 - $93,470.00 Annually
Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a US Citizen or National.
The incumbent serves as the District Asset Forfeiture Coordinator in the Asset Forfeiture Unit of the U.S. Marshals Service (USMS) District Office in Atlanta, GA. In this role, the incumbent is responsible for managing all asset forfeiture activities within the assigned district, including coordinating all phases of the asset forfeiture process.
The incumbent will perform duties such as:
- Providing advice regarding policies and procedures for managing and disposing of assets seized for forfeiture.
- Participating in initiatives such as policy formulation and development of training courses related to asset forfeiture.
- Auditing transactions to ensure program budgets are accurate and balanced.
- Evaluating program operations to identify best practices and areas for improvement.
- Coordinating teams on asset seizure, storage and disposal projects.
- Providing oversight to individuals managing assets (e.g., contractors).