Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: www.usbr.gov
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-GP-MT-13-46, for current Federal employees serving under competitive service career or career-conditional appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, VEOA eligible veterans or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointing authorities (such as 30% disabled veterans). If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as an Engineering Technician. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
LOCATIONS: Great Plains Region, Montana Area Office, Yellowtail Division, YT Electrical Group, Fort Smith, MT; and Great Plains Region, Montana Area Office, Canyon Ferry Division, Helena, MT
For living conditions go to: www.usbr.gov/gp/employment/living_conditions.pdf
First-Post-of-Duty relocation expenses are authorized for new appointments and reinstatement eligibles.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Responsible for overseeing the functional operations of Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD).
- Manages the physical drawing database.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date electronic inventory of record drawings and assigns numbers for new drawings.
- Prepares general and complex layouts and engineering drawings for assigned portions of water resource projects consisting of dams, powerplants, pumping plants, irrigation distribution systems, and facility infrastructures.
- Works with engineers, technical staff, and field journeyman personnel in making suitable drawings, graphs, charts and curves depicting project plans; and prepares visual aids for design briefings.