Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Department of Justice!!
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Policy & Planning Staff. This position leads the Vendor Management Office (VMO) and is responsible for the development, documentation, implementation and maintenance of vendor contract management processes, standards, and metrics tracking. The VMO allows the OCIO to partner more effectively with stakeholders and acquisition organizations by ensuring that business requirements are well defined and articulated, and that contracting strategies are well designed to ensure that the Department is able to acquire the IT goods and services it needs efficiently, expeditiously, and at the best value to the Department. The incumbent is accountable for all activities associated with effectively building, managing, and maintaining external third party vendor relationships.
As part of on-going responsibilities, the VMO will work to facilitate regular communication concerning projects to ensure key performance indicators are achieved and maintained. The VMO will act as the primary contact and will own the daily relationship/communication with business partners and vendors.
The incumbent of the Supervisory Management and Program Analyst, GS-0343-15 position will perform the following major duties:
· Oversees and manages IT acquisitions from an organization-wide standpoint
· Develops and directs the vendor operation for an organization
· Develops and implements IT Vendor-related policies and procedures
· Manages a team of analysts in the policy and planning area who specialize in vendor management
· Analyzes, advises, and recommends solutions to vendor management issues