Once the application process is completed in its entirety, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. A review will be made of your responses to the occupational questionnaire and the documentation you submitted in your resume and on the AGMO Form 335-1-R to support your responses. The selecting official will contact you for an interview if your name is referred for this position.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who have may have the same name. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.Vacancy Identification NumberThe Vacancy Identification Number is
9502861. Title of Job
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (DATAMGT)2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information5. Employment Availability
QUESTION 1: Are you a permanent technician who is currently employed by the Missouri Army National Guard?
If you answered Yes to this question, please respond No to Question 2.
QUESTION 2: Are you an indefinite or temporary technician who is currently employed by the Missouri Army National Guard OR a Missouri traditional guard member with the Missouri Army National Guard OR interested in guard membership in the Missouri Army National Guard?
If you answered Yes to this question, please respond No to Question 1.6. Citizenship
Are you a citizen of the United States?7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest GradeEnter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. Valid grade for this position is:
1211. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service16. Availability Date
You may leave this section blank if you can begin work in the near future. If you will not be able to begin work in the near future, please provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use the MM/DD/YYYY format.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational SpecialtiesEnter the appropriate occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
001 Information Technology Specialist (DATAMGT)21. Geographic Availability
Select the location(s) in which you will accept employment. Valid location for this position is:
294040051 Jefferson City, MO22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
Respond to all the questions below. For each question, choose the response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume or application and information your references provide.
1. Do you possess general technical, analytical, supervisory or administrative experience that demonstrates your ability to analyze problems of organization, workforce, information requirements, etc., and provide systematic solutions, and the ability to deal satisfactorily with others?
2. Do you possess 36 months of specialized experience that demonstrates your ability to plan, design, coordinate, install, maintain and upgrade multiple relationship database management systems (RDBMS)? The specialized experience must also demonstrate the ability to manage and analyze standardized database systems to ensure problems identified are resolved in an efficient manner and recommending changes for maintaining the programming code; and knowledge of state-of-the-art information technologies pertaining to data management and knowledge of the characteristics of the organizations existing data requirements, new or changed data needs, and sources of data to conduct studies.
3. IF YOU ANSWERED NO TO QUESTION 2, do you possess a combination of a Ph D. or equivalent, or 3 years progressively higher level of education in an accredited college or university in fields directly related to computer science, information science, or information systems management AND 24 months of specialized experience such as that described above in Question 2?
4. Are you currently a member OR eligible to immediately become an active military member of the Missouri National Guard?
MILITARY MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
For each of the following tasks, chose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing this task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or I am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
5. Reviewed existing and anticipated future database systems including current automated systems, current data shortcomings, data requirements of the organization/function, the intricacies and provisions of available standardized systems, special organizational/functional data requirements/situations that don't conform to the provisions of existing standardized systems, and higher authority database system plans.
6. Served as the lead on teams assigned to study and resolve broad-based data management problems.
7. Coordinated studies and plans with organization managers as well as administrative and technical personnel at all levels.
8. Recommended conversion to automated systems/databases where none currently exists or recommended modifications or workarounds to facilitate the satisfaction of organizational and functional needs within the overall provisions of standardized systems.
9. Developed strategies to accommodate managers' data needs, prepared drafts for their review by the using organization(s), and incorporated their review comments and concerns.
10. Developed recommendations concerning major project ramifications and to offset adverse impacts.
11. Developed work plans, program logic, special instructions, detailed process flow charts and data management needs.
12. Monitored program development and tested and debugged programs.
13. Assigned studies or portions of studies and program development to team members or analysts hired under contract.
14. Technically reviewed completed work projects and provided technical assistance and guidance as required.
15. Managed contracts with private computer firms concerning data systems application studies.
16. Prepared scopes of work and cost estimates for the work to be contracted and ensured that the contractors' progress complies with contract terms.
17. Certified work accomplishment, reviews and approves requests for payments.
18. Recommended approval or disapproval of completed contractor work and took necessary action to resolve problematic issues.
19. Completed all contract administration functions related to data management contracts including the review and signature of appropriate payment documents.
20. Provided assistance, advice and guidance to organizational users, both in the administrative and technical areas, concerning the use of the multiple database management systems available for use.
21. Coordinated with specialists and managers at higher National Guard Bureau levels to obtain information to interface with systems at those levels to facilitate the acquisition and exchange of database information.
22. Served as the state's data management representative at meetings and seminars I5oth at the local and national level designed to arrive at solutions to mutual database management problems encountered and to provide knowledge and information concerning state-of- the-art techniques, software, and equipment.
23. Interfaced with personnel within the same organization, local users, NGB, other agencies, and vendors in resolution of problems, recommendation of database application changes and system upgrading or enhancements.
24. Provided interpretations of limited and/or conflicting regulations and guidance concerning database management and coordinates with appropriate personnel concerning the resolution of problem areas encountered.
25. Interacted nationally with peers, vendors and other information systems (IS) sources to resolve database hardware/software problems.
26. Used software-engineering techniques, designs new applications that enhance existing systems.
27. Coordinated with the applications' owning agency personnel to ensure NGB and state compatibility and to recommend priorities for systems development and implementation.
28. Ensured project coordination for the administration of all relationship database management systems (RDBMS) software products (e.g. Oracle, Informix, SyBase, MS-Access, etc.) in support of required functions.
29. Introduced new applications and ensured and established required users access and security procedures.
30. Ensured compliance with plans, policies, standards, infrastructures, and architectures of RDBMS.
31. Coordinated with other project leaders and managers at higher levels to obtain information to interface with systems at those levels to facilitate the acquisition and exchange of RDBMS information.
32. Reviewed and recommended operational procedures and software usage for the generation of alternate site file copy of essential Agency data files for continuity of operations.
33. Managed oversight of quality assurance and system efficiency of all RDBMS systems by enforcing the prescribed RDBMS.
34. Ensured the application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the conduct and oversight of RDBMS, policy, and planning functions.
35. Provided assistance, advice and guidance to organizational users, both in the administrative and technical areas, concerning the use of the multiple relationship database management systems (RDBMS available for use.
36. Used software-engineering techniques, and designed new applications that enhance existing systems.
37. Closely coordinated with the applications' owning agency personnel to ensure compatibility and to recommend priorities for systems development and implementation.
38. Established policy for the use of the data and any access constraints applying to exclusive or shared file usage (in which system deadlock might occur).
39. Developed and reviewed the administration of file membership roles, file purge roles, file back-up procedures, and audit procedures.
40. Served as the technical expert for the definition and allocation of storage capacity requirements for the design of RDBMS.
41. Performed oversight for design and modification of the storage structure and correlation between databases.
42. Reviewed the optimization of RDBMS configurations.
43. Provided technical advice and coordinated the monitoring and tuning requirements for RDBMS optimization of performance.
44. Performed high-level analysis of RDBMS operations to identify bottlenecks and took action to resolve problems and ensure consistency.
45. Managed the flow of data between the various tiers of the architecture.
46. Investigated amount of storage space consumed, access time statistics and frequency of use for a given RDBMS.
47. Reviewed RDBMS accounting information and takes action to improve efficiency.
48. Reviewed report designs and authorized the implementation of reports to analyze file statistics such as individual file size, usage counts, data last referenced, etc., in order to formulate better file management policy.
49. Served as the reviewing authority for the development and documentation of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for RDBMS development.
50. Oversaw for the creation of new guidelines and recommends Engineering Change Proposal - Software (ECP-S) through proponent activity.
51. Reviewed written documentation to include user manuals, help files, and installation guides.
52. Coordinated the demonstration of new and enhanced user applications to customers and management.
53. Provided training on implementation, including classroom instruction and Computer Based Training (CBT) development.
54. Troubleshot problems involved in the input, retrieval or modification of database information and the general operation and maintenance pertinent to any of the organizations data system elements or sub-elements.
55. Performed duties with the responsibility for the management of quality assurance and system efficiency functions of assigned RDBMS systems by enforcing the prescribed RDBMS.
56. Reviewed and implemented security provisions to ensure authorized access and integrity of the RDBMS.
57. Tested new DBMS software and implements updates and changes.
58. Ensured resolution of DBMS inconsistencies across the installation in coordination with other information technology specialists and systems.
59. Developed system backup and recovery plans for all maintained RDBMS applications.