Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As an Operations Research Analyst within the Office of Business Informatics (OBI), Office of Strategic Planning (OSP), Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, you will serve as a Senior Operations Research Analyst planning, organizing, and carrying to completion various operations research studies involving the substance of major programs and the policies associated with those programs.
This announcement will be open for 3 months with multiple cut-offs. First consideration will be given to applications submitted by the closing of 9/27/13.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
· Designs and conducts comprehensive studies to assess the consistency and adequacy of reviews from both a regulatory and scientific operational standpoint.
· Defines critical problems, advises management of alternatives to correct problems found, and designs methods to implement necessary program changes.
· Serves as a research leader and provides information on supply projections, the development and implementation of models, and analysis activities.
· Plans, directs, and conducts a broad program of supply, utilization, and related studies.
· Applies study findings to improve the supply/utilization of health personnel in assigned occupational areas and promote new concepts and methods.
· Develops appropriate research models to explicitly describe the factors in the problems studied.