This position is located in the United States Marshals Service (USMS) Justice Prisoner Alien Transportation System (JPATS) in Las Vegas, NV.
The United States Marshals Service is the nation's oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
- Do you have experience as a Paramedic?
- Do you have experience reviewing medical records to determine if a patient can be transported?
- Are you able to make sound decisions and react quickly in stressful situations?
Justice Prisoner Alien Transportation System (JPATS) is responsible for scheduling and transporting pretrial and sentenced prisoners and criminal and non-criminal aliens throughout the United States and the territories and to and from foreign countries. This includes transportation of USMS, Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detainees, Bureau of Prisons (BOP) prisoners, and on a space available basis, United States Military, and state and local Government prisoners.The incumbent serves a Paramedic on the JPATS flights. Extensive travel on an airplane is required and may include overnight stays.
Who May Apply: You may apply as an Open Competitive candidate if you are a US Citizen.
The incumbent will:
- Ensure medical supplies and equipment are available and in working order;
- Review medical records to ensure prisoners/aliens are medically stable to fly;
- Administers prescribed inmate medications as necessary;
- Respond to in-flight emergencies;
- Conduct a complete examination of the patient to determine the nature, extent and seriousness of condition;
- Prioritize treatments and employs a variety of established emergency medicine techniques, methods and equipment;
- and Prepare and maintain medical records and documentation.