1. To meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position, you must show you possess the five mandatory Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) and mandatory Technical Qualifications listed below. Please provide this information in the order the elements are presented.
Executive Core Qualifications: All applicants must submit written statements (narrative format) describing accomplishments that would satisfy the ECQs. Each accomplishment should be clear, concise, and emphasize your level of responsibilities, the scope and complexity of the programs managed, and the results of your actions. You must address each ECQ separately. Additional information on the development of ECQs is available at http://www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/ecq.asp.
You are required to respond to each of the ECQs. If you fail to do so, you will be rated as ineligible. The narrative statement for your ECQs should not exceed 10 total pages and should be prepared in at least 11-point font.
ECQ 1Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
ECQ 2Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
ECQ 3Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
ECQ 4Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
ECQ 5Building Coalitions: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Applicants already serving in SES career appointments, eligible for reinstatement to the SES, or who have successfully completed an SES Candidate Development Program may omit the Executive Core Qualifications. However, they must provide the following additional documentation:
Applicants in career SES positions or those eligible for reinstatement to the SES must attach a copy of Standard Form 50, Notification of Personnel Action, documenting their career appointment to the SES.
Graduates of Office of Personnel Management (OPM)-approved Candidate Development Programs must provide proof of OPM Qualifications Review Board certification.
Technical Qualifications: All applicants must submit written statements (narrative format) of accomplishments that would satisfy the mandatory technical qualifications. You must address each technical qualification separately. The narrative statement for your Technical Qualifications should not exceed two (2) pages for each technical qualification (a total of 8 pages) and should be prepared in at least 11-point font. You are required to respond to each of the technical qualifications. If you fail to do so, you will be rated as ineligible.
1. Demonstrated experience promoting accountability, communication, coordination, and facilitation of cooperative decision-making among senior management and high level officials on management, operational, and programmatic issues that cross-cut organizations, diverse functions, and activities.
2. Demonstrated experience leading and providing management oversight of diverse administrative programs such as EEO, human resources management, financial management, procurement, facilities, security, information technology, Privacy Act/FOIA, and records management in a manner that instills public trust and establishes and implements effective programs and policies critical to the agencys mission.
3. Demonstrated experience communicating with Congress, OMB, GAO, and other senior officials to justify, defend, negotiate, or settle matters involving significant or controversial issues, often in an environment of severe time constraints and public scrutiny.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of the operation of the Congress and the Executive Branch and a thorough knowledge of legislative program policy and budget development and implementation practices related to financial management. Expert knowledge of public laws, executive orders, Comptroller General decisions, regulations and procedures of the Office of Management and Budget, Government Accountability Office, Office of Personnel Management, and other organizations that affect administrative and financial management activities.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants will be screened for basic eligibility according to the mandatory ECQs and mandatory Technical Qualifications, and will be rated and ranked by a panel using only the information submitted for consideration. Failure to document demonstrated experience, training, and education in support of the mandatory ECQs and mandatory Technical Qualifications will adversely affect your chances for further consideration. The best qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official. Unless you have already been certified by a Qualifications Review Board (QRB) in the past, your ECQs must be certified by a QRB before an appointment can occur.