SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Qualified Candidates for this position must identify in their resume that they possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level (GS-07) in the federal service that demonstrates the following: 1) Experience assisting other team members in inspecting various aspects of contracted services in the areas of mechanical heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. 2) Experience performing quality assurance surveillance to monitor and evaluate contractor performance and/or the quality of finished products or services provided. 3) Experience preparing preliminary reports and/or correspondence to document findings related to contractor performance and/or quality of work produced. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).
Education Substitution: Possess a Master's or equivalent graduate degree
TWO (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a related degree
LL.B or J.D., if related.
NOTE: Graduate Education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university and must be in one of the following fields of study or in another field related to the position: quality assurance, statistics, mathematics, production management, industrial management, computer science, engineering, engineering technology, physical sciences, or textiles.
Combination of Specialized Experience and Education: Possess a combination of appropriate specialized experience and graduate level education as described above that together meet the qualification requirements for this position.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities)in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of mechanical heating, ventilation, and air conditioning concepts, principles, and practices in order to evaluate contractor performance and compliance with contract requirements.
2. Knowledge of methodologies related to quality assurance surveillance for evaluating contractor performance and quality of work produced.
3. Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
4. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to express ideas and facts in a succinct and organized manner.
Other Requirements: Click here for more information.
- If you are male AND if you were born after December 31, 1959, you must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- You may be required to serve one year in a trial/probationary status.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- You May Claim Military Spouse Preference.
- Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Transcripts are required at the time of application.
- The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.