Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
This position is located with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Coast Guard, Acquisition Directorate (CG-9), Office of Contract Operations, in Washington, DC.
Note: Currently this position is located at 2100 2nd Street, SW, Washington, DC. In the Fall of 2013, this position will relocate to new facilities being constructed at the historic St. Elizabeths west campus located at 2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. SE, Washington DC 20593. The historic campus is currently under renovation and will eventually serve as the new DHS Consolidated Headquarters Campus. Information on this new site can be found on the Coast Guard web page at http://www.uscg.mil/stelizabeths, and at GSA's web site http://www.stelizabethsdevelopment.com.
NOTE: This announcement is opened with dual cut off-dates. The cut-off date is a date before the closing date of the vacancy announcement when qualified candidates will be referred to the selecting office for consideration. Therefore, complete applications must be submitted before 11:59 P.M on the cut-off date. If received after the cut-off date, you will receive consideration for the next cut-off until the actual closing date.
The incumbent in this position serves as a Division Chief in CG-912, with responsibility for significant Headquarters contractual acquisitions involving diverse areas such as state of the art systems and subsystems, engineering and technical support services and production equipment. Many of the acquisitions are highly visible and have Congressional interest with interagency, departmental, and agency implications.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Supervising a staff of up to 18 employees; providing guidance to subordinates as required on both work and administrative matters
- Planning, organizing and assigning work, establishing priorities, and assuring that realistic completion schedules are developed, documented, communicated to all stake holders
- Ensuring contract administrative actions are completed timely and properly in accordance with regulations, procedures and other directed guidance
- Reviewing solicitation and award supporting documentation, including required Determinations and Findings (D&F’s) and other approval forms for signature by the appropriate authority which may be at levels up to and including the Secretary of DHS
- Interpreting and implementing acquisition policies, regulations and procedures
- Representing the Office of Contract Operations and the USCG in a variety of high level USCG, DHS, Congressional and contractor meetings, presentations and other advance planning sessions
- Carrying out EEO policies and communicates supporting of those policies to subordinates