Job Title: Clinical Psychologist Job Announcement Number: NCMD13667602946124D
Department: Department of the Army
Agency: U.S. Army Medical Command
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Wednesday, August 28, 2013 to
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Fort Lee, VA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This clinical psychologist position is located at the Kenner Army Health Clinic in the Behavioral Health Division, at Fort Lee, Virginia.
Richmond is a flourishing cultural community enhanced by first-class museums and universities, its own symphony, professional ballet and opera, and numerous theater companies and art galleries. The region offers easy access to the ocean, mountains, and D.C. Residents enjoy trendy boutiques and restaurants, numerous sports and entertainment attractions, historic landmarks, and one of the nations largest river park systems. The city is consistently rated among the Best Places to Live in America.
Who May Apply:
- Up to 5% Business Travel required.
- Moving expenses will not be paid.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Clinical Psychologist at the Kenner Army Health Clinic, at Fort Lee, you will:
- Screen and interview clinical patients for selection and level of treatment.
- Develop treatment plans for severe clinical patient cases.
- Evaluate clinical records and monitor all test administration and scoring for quality assurance.
- Monitor an inventory of psychological testing instruments.
- Develop and implement professional development activities.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Degree: Successful completion of at least a doctoral degree (Ph.D or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology.
Licensure/Certification: A current, active, valid, and unrestricted license as an Psychologist from a U.S. State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or jurisdiction is required.
Specialized Experience: One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower level (GS-12) requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled. Candidates for this position must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they possess specialized experience which includes: performing bio-psychological social evaluations of patients, conducting psychotherapy, analyzing clinical assessments of patients, interpreting psychological tests, and evaluating training procedures.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
Skill in Clinical AssessmentSkill in Clinical TreatmentSkill in Administrative WorkSkill in Professional Development Activities
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Click here for more information.
If you are a male AND if you were born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- You may be required to serve one year in a trial/probationary status.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Selected applicant must provide documents for credentialing.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.