Do you want to perform challenging work in a collegial environment, while enjoying quality of life and a competitive compensation package? Invest in your career at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)!
The SEC's mission is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. The agency seeks high-caliber employees who share the same values of integrity, fairness, accountability, resourcefulness, teamwork, and commitment to excellence.
The SEC offers a number of exceptional enhanced pay and benefits plus the standard Federal benefits! Enjoy with SEC:
· Paid dental insurance and vision insurance
· Increased agency subsidy for health insurance which supplements your health benefits premiums by $25 for self-only coverage, and $50 for family coverage
· Mass transportation subsidy up to $245 per month
To find out more, go to http://www.sec.gov/jobs.shtml.
This position is located in the Office of Credit Ratings located in New York, New York.
The Office of Credit Ratings ("OCR") assists the Commission in executing its responsibility for protecting investors, promoting capital formation, and maintaining fair, orderly, and efficient markets through the oversight of credit rating agencies registered with the Commission as "nationally recognized statistical rating organizations" or "NRSROs." In support of this mission, OCR monitors the activities and conducts examinations of registered NRSROs to assess and promote compliance with statutory and Commission requirements.
- Serves as International Counsel for OCR
- Provides expert legal assistance and advice for sensitive and complex programs, issues, and problems dealing with global examination or inspection activities for Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organizations
- Analyzes and interprets new legislation and implementing regulations both within and outside the US and briefs key executives on the purpose and effect
- Identifies potential examination and investigative opportunities and develops strategies for pursuing those issues
- Acts as subject matter expert in international rules and regulations related to the credit rating industry
- Delivers briefings and speaks at staff meetings and conferences on behalf of the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Performs extraordinary legal research and engages in a high order of creative interpretation and reasoning in order to formulate advice and recommend legal courses of action which meet the needs of both mission accomplishment and full compliance with law and regulation