All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Basic Requirements: Applicant must possess a J.D. or LL.B. degree and be an active member of the bar in good standing in any state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Minimum Qualification Requirement: In addition to the Basic Requirements:
SK-16: Applicants must have four years post J.D. experience as a practicing attorney, three years of which include providing legal advice and guidance in the evaluation of legal and regulatory compliance and policy issues of all types of Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organizations; addressing credit rating law issues, analyzing the factual and legal issues involved, explaining the application of legal principles and precedents, and developing and justifying recommendations or conclusions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Your qualifications will be further evaluated based upon the following KSAs. You are required to complete narratives for each KSA in the occupational questionnaire portion of this announcement. Failure to respond to these narratives may result in your being considered not highly qualified for the position.
- Knowledge and skill to provide technical expertise, staff coordination, and consultation for the projects related to the international oversight of Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organizations
- Knowledge and skills to analyze, interpret, and develop official positions and serve as a recognized legal expert in international securities law matters related to credit rating agencies
- Ability to provide expert-level research, writing, analysis and guidance relating to complex securities law matters
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external audiences on issues involving the credit rating agency industry
- Ability to interact effectively with executives and board members
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your not being considered for this position.
2. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service. For more information, visit http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/selectiveservicerequirements.asp#icc.
3. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
4. The full performance level of this position is SK-16.
5. This appointment may require completion of a trial period up to two years.
6. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
7. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
8. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
9. This position is in the bargaining unit.
Surplus or Displaced Federal Employees: For information on how to apply through the Interagency Career Transition Assistance program (ICTAP) see http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must meet the Well Qualified criteria of the rating scale for this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING: Once the announcement closes, your application will be automatically evaluated and rated by the system and a Human Resources Specialist. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your application and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.