Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- This position is located in
the National Center for Telehealth and Technology (T2), Defense Centers of
Excellence. T2 has
primary responsibility (under the Defense Centers of Excellence) for designing,
building, testing, and evaluating available and emerging technologies for possible development in support
of psychological health and traumatic brain injury recovery in the military
community. For more information contact National Center for Telehealth and
Technology, Defense Centers of Excellence at http://t2health.org.
- On January 1, 2013, Madigan Healthcare System became a tobacco free campus. This includes all tobacco products and electronic nicotine delivery devices such as "e-cigarettes." As part of this new policy and Madigan's commitment to employees and their health, newly hired staff may take advantage of one free tobacco cessation class.
- Tacoma is a progressive city of 200,000 nestled between Seattle and the
state capital of Olympia, offering the attractions of larger
metropolitan areas with a hometown feel. Tacoma is located 32 miles
south of Seattle, 31 miles north of our state capital, Olympia, and 18
miles south of Sea-Tac International Airport, on the shores of
Commencement Bay, within pristine eyesight of Mount Rainier. World-class
museums, hotels and theaters draw thousands to downtown Tacoma while
the shores of the Puget Sound and Mount Rainier inspire outdoor
enthusiasts. Enjoy the mild climate and its excellent schools,
universities, parks, festivals and regional shopping centers.
Who May Apply:
As a Research Psychologist, you will:
- Serve as subject matter expert in an area of psychology that is highly
relevant to the study of human factors as it relates to user centered design of
technology health solutions.
- Conduct complex innovative research requiring a very high degree of professional expertise to resolve critical operational scientific problems.
programs of original research to substantially improve the usability of Telehealth and Technology (T2)
products or the manner in which T2 implements user-centered design principles
- Manage overall usability testing to include
design, methodological development, data collection, analysis, and
- Conduct an organizational program of usability testing for
behavioral health and traumatic brain injury health care.