HOW TO QUALIFY FOR
THIS JOB: In your
resume you will need to address the general and specialized experience listed
below. Please use as much detail as needed, giving dates of the experience,
position title and how the experience was gained. This information is needed to
determine if you are qualified for the position
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: You must list some experience in each of
Experience or training that has provided the candidate with
the skill to remove and replace aircraft parts, accessories, and components,
and to make adjustments and settings according to established
specifications. Must be skilled in the
use of hand tools and test equipment.
You must have at least 18 Months in the
WG-09 and Above
Experience or training installing, adjusting, aligning, troubleshooting and
functionally testing the various major and minor mechanical and Pneudraulic
systems on an aircraft during overhaul or modification.
coordinating the work of other mechanics, and scheduling maintenance to ensure
completion of critical actions and optimum workflow.
the ability to instruct lower graded mechanics, military and other personnel in
the disassembly and re-assembly of crash damaged engines, transmissions,
gearboxes, hydraulic components, and fuel controls sufficient for the exhibit
to be returned to its shipping container.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES (KSAs): This information is used only
for rating and ranking and not used for qualifying applicants. In your application and/or resume please address
the following factors in detail, giving dates of the experience and in what
position the experience was gained.
(1) Directs, monitors or performs overall maintenance,
documentation for one or more aircraft. Work is performed in complex
conditions under time and/or mission constraints to include all weather
operations. Works with, coordinates and oversees the work of
aircraft mechanics. Coordinates and oversees the work of journey
workers in other trades working simultaneously on the· assigned aircraft.
trains and prepares to perform battle damage assessment/repair.
in mission generation/regeneration operations. Directs multiple
in preparing aircraft for combat operations. Expedites aircraft
to include concurrent servicing, hot pit refueling and/or combat turns
integrated combat turns. Performs preflight, post flight, thru flight,
phase, hourly and special inspections, as well as servicing, defueling,
and unscheduled maintenance. Serves as the technical authority to
on, inspect and approve all airframe, mechanical, electrical/environmental,
avionics, engine and Pneudraulic repairs on assigned aircraft. Works closely
with the production control function to report current aircraft status;
requests and coordinates specialist support for accomplishing maintenance
exceeding sortie generation capabilities or time constraints.
and performs work assignments based upon priorities, workload,
of parts, facilities, material and personnel. Assigns maintenance and
functions to subordinate mechanics. Coordinates with production control
short notice availability of the aircraft to accomplish work on delayed
and other scheduled maintenance to meet mission requirements.
and inspects performance and work procedures to insure compliance
applicable technical publications, directives and local policy. Accomplishes
tests of aircraft systems and components. Directs and performs the
movement of aircraft. Launches, recovers, parks and services aircraft.
end of runway inspection. Installs, removes, inspects and adjusts
delivery systems to mission requirements. Makes diagnoses and solves
of aircraft systems and components by utilizing a wide variety of
state of the art computerized and/or non computerized diagnostic and
equipment, by studying layout drawings, blueprints and wiring diagrams
analyzing construction and operating characteristics of aircraft and their
Performs or oversees maintenance such as troubleshooting,
repairing, replacing, rigging, aligning, cleaning, painting and corrosion
May be required to assist DEPOT level maintenance activities on
assigned aircraft discrepancies. Ensures all mission associated
(-21) equipment is available and serviceable for deployment and
Ensures aircraft documentation and Maintenance Information Systems
accurately reflect the airworthiness of the Aircraft. Provides technical
and assistance to flight crews regarding observed discrepancies and
in-flight characteristics and system malfunctions. Performs or
in aircrew debriefing when required.
Performs in-process and final inspection of aircraft and components
repair, overhaul and/or modification to verify and certify by signature
to work techniques, procedures and quality standards established by
publications. Completed work is reviewed for adherence to
policy independently to determine that the aircraft is prepared and
flight. Due to the nature of operations tempo, must make decisions on a
of matters that may involve changes to past precedents to ensure
of the mission. Clears Red X symbols on aircraft forms,
or directs engine power runs, may taxi aircraft in accordance with
Plans, develops and conducts training during the technician work week to
facet workforce comprised of from 3 to 8 assigned military positions.
sessions are designed to provide instructions in techniques of repair and
of aircraft and related equipment. Conducts and certifies Cross
Training (CUT} of non WG-88XX series Aircraft Mechanics to meet
requirements. Selects the appropriate instructional method, utilizing
formalized classroom or practical on-the-job method of instruction.
and certifies effectiveness of training by observation as the trainee
the task(s}. Determines experience and skill level of assigned
Maintains Career Field Education and Training Plan (CFETP) for
Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations,
mobilization and command support exercises and Operations Other
(OOTW). May be required to perform such additional duties as
fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow
munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation,
of facilities and equipment or to serve as a team member on boards
with natural disasters or civil emergencies. May be required to travel in
aircraft and drive military vehicles. May be required to participate in
periods of temporary duty away from place of assignment.
Complies with safety, fire, security, environmental and housekeeping
Ensures that material and equipment are properly and safely
Performs other duties as assigned.
Substitution of Education for specialized experience: None
1. Incumbent must maintain membership in the Michigan National Guard.
2. For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
3. For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
4. Should a position be announced at less than the authorized grade, the selected applicant may be non-competitively promoted when he/she meets all qualifications and is submitted for promotion by the supervisor.
5. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of technician pre-employment physical for certain occupational series.
6. The wearing of the military uniform and abiding by the customs and courtesies as prescribed by applicable military service regulations are conditions of employment.
7. Employees will be required to participate in direct deposit/electronic fund transfer (DD/EFT).
8. Permanent Change of Station (PCS) is not authorized for this position.
9. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
10. Selectees currently militarily assigned to another state are subject to the requirements and procedures of the Michigan National Guard (MIARNG) Interstate Transfer (IST) policies. You MUST coordinate with both the losing military unit and the IST Program Coordinator immediately upon notification of selection.
11. Selection into a position may cause a reduction in rank.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates experience is evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibly criteria/assignments will be followed. The applicants record of experience, training and education must show possession of the knowledge, skill and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position to be filled.