The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visitNIH Overview
This position is located in the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID), Division of Intramural Research (DIR), Research Technologies Branch (RTB), Research Technologies Section (RTS), at the Rocky Mountain Laboratories in Hamilton, Montana.
You will serve as a Visual Information Specialist providing design, training, and consultation services in communicating information through visual means to the Division of Intramural Research staff. Your duties will include the following:
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to translate broad concepts into details required to design, produce, reproduce, and/or display original products or materials.
- Utilize Macintosh and PC-based software for illustration and image editing such as Canvas, SmartDraw, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe After Effects to design and produce scientific and non-scientific figures and artwork for publication in scientific journals and for public display.
- Utilize 3D modeling software such as Maxon Cinema 4D and Adobe Master Collection to design and produce scientific and non-scientific animations for publication in scientific journals and for the web.
- Lay out and execute finished art work using graphic systems, free-hand techniques and drawing instruments.
- Perform a wide range of routine photography, including scientific macrophotography, architectural photography, portraits and group photos, and photos of animal necropsies and procedures to support scientific experiments and administrative purposes.