Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by Friday, September 06, 2013.
This position has a Basic Requirement:
- Have at least four-years of experience that provided knowledge of the basic principles, theories, practices, techniques, and terminology within animal science or related biological sciences; and an understanding of the standard methods, procedures, and techniques of research and analysis in the subject-matter field. Such experience must have been equivalent to that which would have been gained through a 4-year college curriculum. OR
- Have completed a full four-year course of study that meets all the requirements for a bachelors degree with major study in animal science, agricultural science, ecology or related biological sciences. OR
- Have a combination of education and experience as described above. AND
Specialized Experience: Have at least one full-time year (12 months) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service or private sector.
Experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the following duties:
- Serve as a Program Leader responsible for the planning, evaluating, coordinating, and implementing innovative educational and informational Web-based and in-person activities related to animal health and welfare and/or library services in the animal or biological sciences;
- Managing and administering a program budget, including establishing and overseeing agreements and contracts;
- Assessing and evaluating program activities, ensuring goals are consistent with strategic plans, government guidelines and accepted customer service standards, and applying and evaluating appropriate performance metrics;
- Establishing relationships with various groups, organizations, libraries and government agencies involved in animal health and welfare to consult or collaborate on issues of common concern and/or promote relevant services and programs;
- Performing a full range of supervisory, administrative and human resources responsibilities including planning, scheduling and setting priorities for assigned work, developing performance standards and recruiting, hiring, evaluating and developing employees.
You must meet the Basic Requirements and the Specialized Experience requirements to qualify for this position.
Supervisory Probationary Period: Section 303 of the Civil Service Reform Act (Public Law 95-454) established a probationary period of one year for newly appointed managers and supervisors.
College Transcript : Submit a copy of your college transcript that lists college courses detailing each course by the number and department (i.e., bio 101, math 210, etc.), course title, number of credit hours and grade earned. You must submit evidence that any education completed in a foreign institution is equivalent to U.S. education standards with your resume.
You may submit an unofficial copy of the transcript at the initial phase of the application process. Please refer to the "How to Apply, Alternative Methods for Submitting Your Application Materials" section, for instructions on submitting the transcript.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND FINGERPRINT CHECK: Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
This position requires the selectee to undergo a pre-employment check and full background investigation. Any offer made is considered a tentative job offer pending the outcome of the pre-employment check. Retention in the position is based upon a favorable adjudication of the background investigation. The incumbent will be subject to periodic reinvestigations.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING:
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities) in the following areas:
Knowledge of Biological Science and Animal Welfare.
Planning and Evaluation.
Leading (including leading projects, teams and people).
We will review your application, including an online assessment questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
Note: If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your description of experience and/or education OR that your application is incomplete, you may receive a lower or ineligible rating.
For Competitive Applicants/All US Citizens - If you meet the qualification requirements based on the extent and quality of experience, education and training relevant to the duties of the position and your responses to the automated scoring system, your application will be placed in one of the three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.