Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Chemist (Lead) in the Office of Science, Research Division on the Product Science Staff you will serve as team leader for other junior level chemists, and as expert reviewing and planning studies in areas of chemical phenomena related to tobacco products.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Reviews, plans, and prioritizes the review of products.
- Coordinates, directs, and leads applied research and product standards on tobacco products.
- Leads a team of chemists on tackling difficult research and regulatory problems. .
- Provides technical guidance in broad subject matter areas related to tobacco products.
- Consults with Center for Tobacco Products staff in the design of public health programs.
- Ensures the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are communicated and implemented.
- Trains or coordinates the training of team members in methods of team building to to accomplish tasks and projects.
- Prepares reports and maintains records of work accomplishments and administrative information.