Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Acquisition Positions in accordance with the Duncan Hunter National Defense Authorization Act.
This position is part of the U.S. Army Contracting Command, which was established on March 14, 2008. The mission of the Army Contracting Command is to oversee more than $85 billion in contracts annually and focus on maintaining and improving the Army's ability to respond globally in support of the warfighter's needs. The ACC-RI consists of seven buying divisions and two support divisions: Ammo Contracting, Installation Contracting; Chemical Demil; Sustainment Contracting, Reachback Contracting, LOGCAP Contracting, Information Technology Contracting, Contract Support, and Pricing.
This is a TERM position NOT TO EXCEED (NTE) 13 months, but may be extended up to 4 years.
Who May Apply:
As a Contract Specialist, you will be responsible for the following:
- Performs per-award, recommends award, and accomplishes post-award functions of large dollar value contracts.
- Reviews the procurement data package for contracting suitability.
- Plans the procurement action with technical, legal and contract pricing personnel for full and open competition or other than full and open competition.
- Prepares applicable determinations and findings, attends per-proposal conferences, receives and evaluates proposals in conjunction with price/cost analysts or other technical personnel.
- Serves as the contracting officers' representative negotiations and provides technical advice to contractors representatives regarding contractual requirements, limitations, interpretations of mandatory contractual terms and provisions.
- Prepares reports on completed contract, funds de-obligated, claims settled and other required actions affecting closing.