The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) collects, analyzes, and disseminates independent and impartial energy information to promote sound policymaking, efficient markets, and public understanding of energy and its interaction with the economy and the environment.
This position is located in the Office of Survey Development and Statistical Integration (SDSI) within the Office of Energy Statistics (OES), Energy Information Administration (EIA). OES manages EIA’s data collection program and the quality control for weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and quadrennial statistical reports. The incumbent is responsible for survey development operations for OES.
A successful candidate in this position will serves as technical authority and expert in the oversight of the initiation, planning, designing and conduct of innovative statistical survey and analyses activities, studies, projects and programs to resolve complex systematic problems and to enhance overall survey methodology quality of EIA national statistical programs.
As Supervisory Survey Statistician you will:
• Coordinate the survey development process, assuring that evaluations of existing surveys are completed, needs for new or renewed surveys are documented, surveys are adequately designed, and that appropriate approvals are achieved in a timely basis
• Develops program policy options and strategic and long-range program management plans
• Report to management of the Office of Energy Statistics (OES) on all surveys in the review process, with an emphasis on early planning and Office of Management and Budget approval
• Develop recommendations for specific goals, strategies, programs, and activities to improve programs
• Analyzes new and changed laws and regulations for effects on the programs managed. Serves on inter-agency professional panels and work groups
• Coordinate with representatives of other Federal statistical agencies to address common needs and compare program approaches