In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this BUDGET OFFICER position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience in administrative, professional, technical, or other responsible work that utilizes knowledge of management principles and practices. Experience analyzing problems, drawing logical conclusions, and communicating effectively with others. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training involving complex knowledge and understanding of governing budgetary policies, precedent setting decisions, procedures and regulations. Experience in identifying, analyzing and resolving budgetary problems. Experience interpreting comptroller decisions and providing regulatory information. Experience in briefing senior level management on budget related issues. Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Successful completion of undergraduate study in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours for 12 months of experience.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Detailed knowledge of general budgeting principles, practices, precedents, systems, and techniques and the ability to interrelate funding, manpower requirements, and expense concepts to formulate and justify dissimilar civilian and military budgets considering multiple periods of execution in both single and multi-year appropriations.
2. Knowledgeof the DoD, USAF, and Air National Guard financial planning processes is required to serve as the principal advisor and consultant to the ANG wing's senior leadership regarding budgetary matters.
3. Detailed knowledge of legislation, policies, and procedures, and regulations governing the use of appropriated funds to effectively oversee and manage all budget programs.
4. Knowledge of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution System (PPBES) corporate process to develop skills for interpreting and briefing commanders, resource advisors, and other resource managers on how funds are received at base level.
5. Knowledgeof multiple dissimilar organizational missions to review, analyze, edit, and recommend approval or disapproval of proposed operating budgets, unfunded requirements requests, or requests for reprogramming and quarterly authorities; this knowledge is also used to analyze budget estimates for the annual financial plan or multiple requests for unfunded requirements, for which the incumbent must take into consideration multiple periods of execution in both single and multi-year appropriations in order to consolidate such estimates into balanced and prioritized submissions to the National Guard Bureau.
6. Knowledge of financial management objectives of higher authorities to ensure policies comply with precedents and controls, and to provide guidance to management officials.
7. Knowledge of appropriation accountability, regulatory/statutory limitations, scope and latitude permitted by law and regulations, manpower accounting principles and procedures, management information systems and subsystems, and the relationship between the budget and accounting and reporting systems sufficient to report the status of resources, execute the operating budget, and provide authoritative advice regarding the legal use of funds to commanders, resource advisors, and other resource managers.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
*COMMISSIONING OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE*
Compatible Military Assignments:
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A
MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
verify your basic eligibility for military membership please visit www.goang.com or call 1-800-togoang.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
(Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.