THE SALARY FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE DETERMINED BY A PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS BOARD AND WILL BE BASED ON EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE LEVELS.
Applicants within six months of graduation with a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) will be considered. If selected, the individual will be appointed as a temporary Graduate Psychologist for a period not to exceed 2 years. Failure to obtain licensure during that period is justification for termination of the temporary appointment, which may result in termination of employment.
Work Schedule:08:00am-04:30pm Monday thru Friday. Tour will be primarily administrative with possible rotation to off shifts as necessary, as well as possible evening and weekend coverage.
VA Central Iowa Health Care System is recruiting a neuropsychologist to develop and deliver neuropsychology services to Veterans at the Des Moines VA. We prefer candidates who have completed an APA-approved post-doctoral fellowship in neuropsychology, and would support the selected candidate in obtaining certification in clinical neuropsychology from the American Board of Professional Psychology after hire. A major responsibility of this position is to address in a timely manner neuropsychology consults submitted by the various service lines of the Des Moines VA.
Des Moines is the quintessential, mid-sized Midwestern citylow crime, low housing costs, low commute times, high employment and good schools. It consistently ranks at, or near the top in numerous measures of livability (http://www.desmoinesmetro.com/regional-economic-development/research-and-statistics/rankings-and-ratings/).
This is an exciting opportunity for a confident professional with advanced skills in neuropsychology.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Neuropsychologist:
· Develop high-quality, evidence-based neuropsychological testing services for Veterans at the Des Moines VA.
· Provide high-quality, evidence-based neuropsychological testing for Veterans at the Des Moines VA.
· Address and manage neuropsychology consults in a timely and appropriate manner in the Client Patient Record System (CPRS).
· Develop, analyze and maintain a neuropsychological patient database.
· Act as a consultant on neuropsychological issues for staff at VACIHCS.
· Provide two didactic seminars on neuropsychological issues for the Psychology Internship Training Program.
· Offer and potentially supervise a major or minor rotation in Neuropsychology for the Psychology Internship Training Program.