The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your States and your community!
Type of Appointment: This is a Career/Career-Conditional Appointment [This is a full-time, non-dual status (competitive) permanent position and does not require National Guard Membership].
This position is located in the Human Resources Office and serves both Army and Air National Guard personnel, Active Guard Reserve, and may include State personnel. Its primary purpose is to provide comprehensive services related to labor relations, adverse actions and discipline.
- Provide labor relations advisory and technical services.
- Interpret, and provide guidance and training on labor relations laws, regulations and policies.
- Serve as point-of-contact to union representatives, the National Guard Bureau and management on labor relations problems.
- Oversee labor contract negotiations and administration for multiple bargaining units.
- Perform detailed analysis and draw conclusions on complex legal issues, problems and situations using case law, principles, practices and regulations.
- Establish the state's position in impasse situations and prepare documentation for review by a third party.
- Use computers to prepare labor relations information for dissemination in a variety of formats.