Job Title:Clinical Psychologist
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Medical Command
Job Announcement Number:NCMD13675295945647D
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, August 27, 2013 to
Tuesday, September 10, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Fort Myer, VA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This Clinical Psychologist position will be working in the Behavioral Health Department at the Rader U.S. Army Health Clinic, at Fort Myer, Arlington, Virginia.
Overlooking Washington, D.C, and Georgetown to the north and the Virginia countryside to the south, Fort Myer, VA is a beautiful area rich with historic appeal. The area boasts steady growth and economic development, excellent schools, and average commute times of 14 minutes. With its elite ceremonial units, unique history, and location adjacent to Arlington National Cemetery, Fort Myer continues to serve the nations capital in the finest military tradition.
Who May Apply:
- Moving expenses will not be paid.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Clinical Psychologist at Fort Myer, you will:
- Conduct intake interviews for patients to assess intellectual, emotional, personality, occupational, educational, psychophysiological, and relational issues.
- Utilize surveys, questionnaires, and other diagnostics instruments for psychological assessment.
- Develop goal-oriented patient treatment plans.
- Implement psychotherapy in a variety of ways including: individual, family, couple, and group sessions.
- Generate written clinical reports including diagnostic conclusions and treatment recommendations.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Degree: Successful completion of at least a doctoral degree (Ph.D or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in Clinical Psychology.
Licensure/Certification: A current, active, valid, and unrestricted license as a Psychologist in a U.S. State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or jurisdiction is required.
Specialized Experience: One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower level (GS-11) requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled. Candidates for this position must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they possess specialized experience which includes: providing psychological evaluations, developing patient treatment plans, and performing a variety of psychotherapies such as: individual, family, couple, or group.
Knowledge of Patient EvaluationSkill in Patient TreatmentSkill in Office Development
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Click here for more information.
If you are a male AND if you were born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- You may be required to serve one year in a trial/probationary status.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- Successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Selected applicant must provide documents for credentialing.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.