Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This Clinical Psychologist position will be working in the Behavioral Health Department at the Rader U.S. Army Health Clinic, at Fort Myer, Arlington, Virginia.
Overlooking Washington, D.C, and Georgetown to the north and the Virginia countryside to the south, Fort Myer, VA is a beautiful area rich with historic appeal. The area boasts steady growth and economic development, excellent schools, and average commute times of 14 minutes. With its elite ceremonial units, unique history, and location adjacent to Arlington National Cemetery, Fort Myer continues to serve the nations capital in the finest military tradition.
Who May Apply:
As a Clinical Psychologist at Fort Myer, you will:
- Conduct intake interviews for patients to assess intellectual, emotional, personality, occupational, educational, psychophysiological, and relational issues.
- Utilize surveys, questionnaires, and other diagnostics instruments for psychological assessment.
- Develop goal-oriented patient treatment plans.
- Implement psychotherapy in a variety of ways including: individual, family, couple, and group sessions.
- Generate written clinical reports including diagnostic conclusions and treatment recommendations.