Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) FV945638
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities.
- This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Relocation expenses are NOT authorized.
- Promotion Potential: GS-12
- Recruitment is at the GS-9, GS-11 and GS-12.
- 12.25% COLA is payable in addition to the salary listed in the announcement.
For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
- Provides and coordinates a wide range of rehabilitation counseling and case management services to veterans with disabilities and other eligible individuals.
- Performs initial evaluations, makes eligibility determinations, does rehabilitation planning and problem solving, and conducts counseling.
- Coordinates and implements rehabilitation services, case documentation, employment services, and administration and interpretation of vocational testing.
- Make recommendations and referrals to other sources, which may assist the veteran.