Job Title:Student Trainee (Administrative Support) (OA), GS-0399-04/05/06
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:National Park Service
Job Announcement Number:PWROPI-13-099 PATH
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, August 19, 2013 to
Friday, August 23, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Part Time 12 hours -
Agency Employees Only|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
San Francisco, CA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Pathways Student Internship Program Eligibles within the local commuting area|
Experience your America and build a fulfilling career by joining the National Park Service. Become a part of our mission to unite our past, our cultures and our special places, to establish important connections to the present and build a rich and lasting legacy for future generations.
This position is located in the Pacific West Regional Office San Francisco, CA United States 1 vacancy
, in the Division of Comptroller and supports the Budget program.
This position has full promotion potential to the GS-06, however it will only be filled at the GS-04 grade level.
This position is being filled under the Pathways Internship Program which is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore federal careers while still in school. Applicants must be current students, enrolled or accepted on at least a half-time basis, and pursuing a degree or certificate in a qualifying education institution (see the Education' section for more information). Interns may be converted to a term, career-conditional or career appointment within 120 days following successful completion of all of their education and work experience requirements. For more information on the Pathways Intern Program, visit: http://www.opm.gov/HiringReform/Pathways
WHO MAY APPLY: Current students in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying education institutions pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate, in good academic standing (GPA of 2.0 and above).
Government Housing NOT available.
The full promotion potential of this position is: 06
Maria Davila 415-623-2165
Vacancy Identification Number: 944790
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication
- Must be at least 16 years of age
DUTIES:Back to top
Provides clerical support to the Regional Comptroller's Office. Finalizes correspondence for signature. Serves as timekeeper for the office, inputs time and attendance data using Quicktime. Conducts inventory of property and equipment for the Office. Provides budget support in consolidating, organizing, and processing funding data in National Park Service systems such as Project Management Information System and Operation Formulation System. Provides core financial support in running financial reports and inputting financial data in National Park Service systems such as Administrative Financial System and Financial and Business Management System.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for this position at the GSGS grade level, you must possess the following minimum qualifications by the closing date Friday, August 23, 2013 of the announcement:
GS-4: Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or associate' degree, in good academic standing
TRANSCRIPT REQUIREMENT: You must submit a legible copy of transcripts from an accredited institution with your name, school name, credit hours, course level, major(s), and grade-point average or class ranking. Transcripts do not need to be official, but if you are selected for this position, you must provide official transcripts before you begin work. Failure to submit the required transcript(s) will make you ineligible for further consideration. If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet qualification requirements, you must show that your education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
Probationary Period: If you are a new employee or supervisor in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements and the minimum qualification requirements for this job. Minimally qualified students will be referred to the supervisor in unranked order by veterans preference status: 1) Preference eligibles with a compensable, service connected disability of 10 percent or more; 2) all other candidates eligible for 10 point veterans preference; 3) candidates eligible for 5 point veterans preference; and 4) candidates not eligible for veterans preference.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, August 23, 2013 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):
- You may fax your documents using the following cover page: http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf. Provide the required information, including the Vacancy ID which is 944790
- Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot complete the Application Package online, you may fax all of your materials. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, August 23, 2013 to receive consideration. Keep a copy of your fax confirmation in the event verification is needed.
To complete the occupational questionnaire and submit via fax:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire
- Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf.
- Fax all six pages of the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
The following documents are required and must
be received by the closing date and time of this announcement:
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Veterans Preference
Documentation (if applicable)
4. College transcripts
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once the occupational questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Based upon our determination of your eligibility and qualifications for this position, your application may be referred to the hiring official. If your application is referred to the hiring official, you may be contacted directly by that office for a possible interview. Interviews are not a required part of our hiring process, so we encourage you to communicate your knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies for this position in your resume. You will be notified by email of the outcome.