As the Local Recovery Coordinator (LRC) Psychologist for Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System (VATVCBHCS), the assignment will require implementation of policies and procedures from National Recovery Coordinator (NRC) and to facilitate implementation of recovery oriented services in Mental Health Programs, which will include education of providers, veterans and their families on recovery for the purpose of evaluation and implementation efforts.
The duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Serve as a recovery ombudsman to the Mental Health Director, program managers, and staff on recovery and implementation of recovery oriented services.
· Act as a consultant to Mental Health Programs and recovering veterans in development of peer support groups, consumer counseling, and consumer operated services.
· Responsible for coordinating the evaluation of recovery implementation at the facility and reporting results to the National Recovery Coordinator.
· Implementation of measures to assess recovery policy and procedure adherence, and assess the extent the recovery model is embodied in the Mental Health Programs.
· Development of ongoing education plans for providers and veterans, to include but not limited to: recurrent didactic presentations about elements of recovery, re-current presentations of recovering individuals, and the development and coordination of local recovery training as needed.
· Provide direction for the administrative and clinical aspects of major specialty treatment programs or a combination of programs located at one facility or multiple divisions of a facility.
· Coordinating and providing direction on implementation and maintenance of the recovery model as it pertains to interdisciplinary staffing, working assignments, budget issues, treatment services provided, and admission criteria for programs.
· Provide significant administrative, programmatic and clinical leadership in various programs within the VA Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System, to include but not limited to: Mental Health out Patient Clinics, Mental Health Intensive Case Management, Tele-Mental Health Services, Suicide Prevention Program, Vocational Rehabilitation, Primary Care-Mental Health Integration, Rapid Response Team, Substance Abuse Treatment Team, and the Employee Assistance Program.