DFAS' mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas. For more information visit www.dfas.mil
Vacancy Information: This position is located in Cleveland, OH.
This position is being announced using the USA Staffing Application Manager system. Please click the How to Apply tab for instructions on applying for this position.
- Provides professional accounting services, management advice, and assistance to supported internal and external customers and organizations.
- Reviews and analyzes a wide variety of accounting documents, reports, policies, and procedures pertaining to multiple appropriation accounts.
- Reviews, analyzes and modifies operating programs, practices, and procedures related to assigned area.
- Establishes and monitors internal controls to identify problem areas, determine actions required to improve operating program effectiveness, and ensure and maintain the integrity of financial and accounting information.
- Performs special audits, studies, reports and/or, analysis to evaluate the status of the financial health and/or position of accounting operations based measurements or indicators.