The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This position is located at navy Consolidated Brig (NAVCONBRIG) which is an adult correctional facility in which personnel of both sexes (primarily male), up to a maximum of 400 persons, may be confined to serve sentences imposed by appropriate military authority. The incumbent exercises normal safety and personal security practices required when working in a correctional setting. The purpose of this position is to plan, implement, supervise one-on-one individual and group counseling, treatment, and training sessions with prisoners on a regular routine basis as the major part of duties based on needs of the prisoners and the brig resources
- Building partnerships with local medical facilities including civilian hospital psychological departments to help facilitate treatments.
- Enforcing rules and regulations governing operation of a correctional institution.
- Facilitating post-incarceration asymptomatic pro-social behavior in prisoners.
- Delivering psychological services to prisoners who are experiencing difficulty adjusting to incarceration or exhibiting problem behavior.
- Administering psychological tests and evaluating results.