The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview
If you are an exceptionally talented, knowledgeable and motivated individual with experience in the field of biology AND you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the National Institute of Allergy & Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Division of Intramural Research (DIR), Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases (LPD).
If chosen for this position, you will perform the following duties:
- Assist in overseeing the work of students or other less experienced laboratory assistants, providing training and guidance in a range of laboratory procedures and in the use of various types of laboratory equipment.
- Prepare written instructions for the performance of standard laboratory procedures.
- Perform experiments in accordance with protocols.
- Periodically evaluate progress of experiments to ensure they are proceeding as planned.
- Compare results with those obtained from previous studies to verify validity.
- Identify unusual or unexpected results and determine probable causes.