Department: Department Of The Treasury
Agency: Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BPD)
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Applications will be accepted from all groups of qualified individuals.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, financing, collections, payments, and shared services. The Office of Financing and the Office of Retail Securities will consolidate to become Treasury Securities Services (TSS) on October 6, 2013. This Senior Executive Service position will serve as the Deputy Assistant Commissioner for Program Solutions and Support and will be responsible for supporting the operations of TSS through oversight of IT development, project management, policy and planning, risk and compliance and resource management functions. The mission of TSS is to effectively finance the government’s operations by offering a variety of Treasury securities to institutional and individual investors. In part, this is accomplished through the regular and predictable auctioning of Treasury securities, with over $7.5 trillion in securities awarded each year. The sale of these securities funds the vast majority of the government’s yearly borrowing needs. In addition, through its retail program, Treasury Securities Services offers simple, safe and affordable securities which enable Americans to save for their future. The retail program is generally targeted at small investors looking to securely build savings. We issue, service, reissue, and redeem savings bonds as well as manage marketable securities accounts. Employees provide day-to-day customer service operations for more than 50 million investors and processing more than 15 million transactions annually.
The incumbent supports the Assistant Commissioner in the role as principal advisor to the Fiscal Assistant Secretary, the Commissioner, and other management officials in connection with debt financing activities and works closely with the Assistant Commissioner on all aspects relating to the issuance and servicing of Treasury marketable and saving securities. The incumbent must also:
- Champion the work of the organization by integrating products and services into the Treasury Securities Services’ overall business strategies, plans, and objectives;
- Develop and coordinate operational, tactical and strategic plan;
- Align work to integrate programmatic changes and redirect resources to ensure overall program coverage and continuous professional development of staff;
- Provide leadership direction in developing and implementing strategic and tactical plans and business processes to accomplish these objectives and evaluate the results through the development of measurable performance goals and benchmarks; and
- Participate in issues of bureau-wide significance, including planning, policy and management issues and the development, issuance and implementation of new policies, regulations and procedures.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must complete an Executive Personnel Financial Disclosure Report annually
- Must undergo appropriate tax checks
- Must complete a 1-year SES probationary period, unless previously completed